Square Enix has announced a full 3D remake of Secret of Mana which will be coming to Steam, PS4, and PS Vita on February 15, 2018.
According to the announcement, Secret of Mana “retains its long-held charm while incorporating improvements such as upgraded gameplay for modern platforms and a newly arranged musical score.” This is far from the first 3D remake Square Enix has engaged in, and we’re pretty positive it’ll be just as fancy as the rest.
Secret of Mana was originally released for Super Nintendo in 1993 and follows main characters Randi, Primm and Popoi.
As a preorder bonus for this new version, Square Enix is offering Moogle and Tiger costumes for all three heroes as DLC. While the tiger costumes are not my favorite, for a reason you can probably immediately guess, I am fond of the moogle costumes. Basically, slap a moogle on anything and I’m likely to buy/play it. Put a young female character in a tiger print bikini for no goddamn reason, and I’m liable to be annoyed about it. Seriously, it’s 2017. Can we give up on the juvenile “costume” choices for female characters already? It stopped being tolerable at the turn of the last century, now its just pathetic.
The Secret of Mana remake announcement trailer is below.
Published on Aug 25, 2017
The memorable adventure of Randi, Primm and Popoi is reborn in the new “Secret of Mana”!
Embark on an action-packed, worldwide adventure in this 3D remaster.
Available on February 15th for PS4 and PSVita!
- There's No Online Co-Op Mode In The 'Secret Of Mana' Remake
- Check Out Ten Minutes of Footage From 'Lost Sphear'
- Brace Yourself Games Releases 'Industries Of Titan' Trailer
- Victorian-Fantasy XCOM Alder’s Blood Launches on Kickstarter - February 24, 2018
- Capcom Reveals Monster Hunter: World’s Event Roadmap - February 24, 2018
- Next Week’s DLC for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Adds Ultra Instinct Goku - February 24, 2018
- Twitch Studios Announces Premiere Date for Game Show ‘Stream On’ - February 24, 2018
- Fear Effect Sedna to Release in March on PC and Console - February 24, 2018