Square Enix has announced a full 3D remake of Secret of Mana which will be coming to Steam, PS4, and PS Vita on February 15, 2018.
According to the announcement, Secret of Mana “retains its long-held charm while incorporating improvements such as upgraded gameplay for modern platforms and a newly arranged musical score.” This is far from the first 3D remake Square Enix has engaged in, and we’re pretty positive it’ll be just as fancy as the rest.
Secret of Mana was originally released for Super Nintendo in 1993 and follows main characters Randi, Primm and Popoi.
As a preorder bonus for this new version, Square Enix is offering Moogle and Tiger costumes for all three heroes as DLC. While the tiger costumes are not my favorite, for a reason you can probably immediately guess, I am fond of the moogle costumes. Basically, slap a moogle on anything and I’m likely to buy/play it. Put a young female character in a tiger print bikini for no goddamn reason, and I’m liable to be annoyed about it. Seriously, it’s 2017. Can we give up on the juvenile “costume” choices for female characters already? It stopped being tolerable at the turn of the last century, now its just pathetic.
The Secret of Mana remake announcement trailer is below.
Published on Aug 25, 2017
The memorable adventure of Randi, Primm and Popoi is reborn in the new “Secret of Mana”!
Embark on an action-packed, worldwide adventure in this 3D remaster.
Available on February 15th for PS4 and PSVita!
- There's No Online Co-Op Mode In The 'Secret Of Mana' Remake
- Check Out Ten Minutes of Footage From 'Lost Sphear'
- Brace Yourself Games Releases 'Industries Of Titan' Trailer
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018