Square Enix has announced a full 3D remake of Secret of Mana which will be coming to Steam, PS4, and PS Vita on February 15, 2018.
According to the announcement, Secret of Mana “retains its long-held charm while incorporating improvements such as upgraded gameplay for modern platforms and a newly arranged musical score.” This is far from the first 3D remake Square Enix has engaged in, and we’re pretty positive it’ll be just as fancy as the rest.
Secret of Mana was originally released for Super Nintendo in 1993 and follows main characters Randi, Primm and Popoi.
As a preorder bonus for this new version, Square Enix is offering Moogle and Tiger costumes for all three heroes as DLC. While the tiger costumes are not my favorite, for a reason you can probably immediately guess, I am fond of the moogle costumes. Basically, slap a moogle on anything and I’m likely to buy/play it. Put a young female character in a tiger print bikini for no goddamn reason, and I’m liable to be annoyed about it. Seriously, it’s 2017. Can we give up on the juvenile “costume” choices for female characters already? It stopped being tolerable at the turn of the last century, now its just pathetic.
The Secret of Mana remake announcement trailer is below.
Published on Aug 25, 2017
The memorable adventure of Randi, Primm and Popoi is reborn in the new “Secret of Mana”!
Embark on an action-packed, worldwide adventure in this 3D remaster.
Available on February 15th for PS4 and PSVita!
- There's No Online Co-Op Mode In The 'Secret Of Mana' Remake
- Check Out Ten Minutes of Footage From 'Lost Sphear'
- Brace Yourself Games Releases 'Industries Of Titan' Trailer
- Alterac Pass is Live in Heroes of the Storm - June 19, 2018
- 7 New Tracks and Weeny Issi Classic Races Roll Out in GTA Online This Week - June 19, 2018
- Warframe’s New Limbo Prime is Now Available on PC and Console - June 19, 2018
- DeathGarden Enters its Closed Beta Test Phase - June 19, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII is Getting a Third DLC Expansion Later This Month - June 19, 2018