Guillermo del Toro’s re-make of the classic 1966 science fiction film, Fantastic Voyage has hit a slight bump in the road. According to Deadline, Fox and Lightstorm have decided to delay the film’s production until after the start of this year’s award season. Del Toro is getting ready to release his new movie The Shape of Water and they are predicting it’s going to be an award contender so he’ll need to be available to make the rounds stumping for the film.
Sources said that the decision was made to wait until the meticulous del Toro can put his full focus into prepping and directing the remake before they start spending money on sets.
The movie hadn’t been given a release date but rumor was they had been shooting for a holiday 2019 release date. If they have to delay production until the spring of next year that likely means that Fantastic Voyage is looking at a mid-2020 release date at the earliest.
Sources said del Toro remains firmly committed to the remake of the 1965 film about a scientist with a potentially fatal health problem who gets five of his colleagues to be miniaturized in a ship and injected into his bloodstream to save his life.
The group is planning on regrouping in the spring, after the awards season, to begin pre-production with the goal to start shooting by the fall of next year. No casting has yet been announced.
- 4 New HQ Images From Guillermo Del Toro's 'The Shape Of Water'
- Guillermo Del Toro Toy Line Revealed At SDCC
- Guillermo Del Toro's 'The Shape Of Water' Gets Official Trailer
- Guillermo Del Toro's Trollhunters Officially A Comic By Marc Guggenheim, Richard Hamilton And Timothy Green II
- The Hellboy Reboot Was Originally Connected To The Guillermo Del Toro Films
- Empire Releases 7 New Covers for Avengers: Infinity War - March 20, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Hawkeye is Doing His Own Thing - March 20, 2018
- Tomb Raider Review: The Physicality is Impressive but the Story is Lackluster - March 16, 2018
- Lashana Lynch in Final Talks to Join Captain Marvel - March 16, 2018
- DeWanda Wise Exits Captain Marvel Due to Scheduling Conflicts - March 15, 2018