The Blu-Ray and DVD edition of DC’s Batman and Harley Quinn animated film has more going for it than a sex scene between Nightwing and Harley Quinn.
One of the special features is the promised featurette about DC’s next animated film, Gotham By Gaslight. The film is based on the comic by Mike Mignola, Brian Augustyn, and P. Craig Russell, whose description reads:
In 1889, Bruce Wayne is on a tour of Europe. His trip to Europe ends in Vienna, where he has come to learn from Dr. Freud. Bruce tells Freud that he has a recurring dream in which he recalls the murder of his parents and decides he must return to Gotham City. On the return trip, Bruce meets Jacob Packer, an old family friend who he calls Uncle Jake, who also returned from a trip to Europe.
Shortly after arriving, Inspector Gordon informs Wayne about criminal gangs currently operating in Gotham. Gordon also shows Bruce the case of a man who poisoned his wife and tried to commit suicide with the poison, which left him alive with a permanent grin. Bruce takes up the mantle of Batman to fight criminals on the street.
At the same time, a series of murders of women take place and some people begin to suspect that Batman is the murderer. It is soon discovered that Jack the Ripper has come to Gotham, as the murders in Gotham City seem to resemble the Ripper murders.
Check out the video below for a sneak peak at the upcoming movie:
Batman and Harley Quinn is available digitally now, and on DVD and Blu-Ray next week.
- Meet The Cast Of DC's Animated Film 'Batman And Harley Quinn'
- An Interview With Batman And Harley Quinn Composer, Michael McCuistion
- Marvel Celebrates Politics in Comics with World Outside Your Window Hardcover - December 18, 2018
- Betty and Veronica Make a Secret Pact in Tomorrow’s Betty & Veronica #1 - December 18, 2018
- Valiant Smashes the System With Line Art Preview of Punk Mambo #1 - December 18, 2018
- To Create Synergy with Women’s History Month, IDW Plans Hasbro Anthology - December 18, 2018
- Hulk Goes to Therapy in March’s Immortal Hulk #15 - December 18, 2018