Starting on August 25th, the beta version of Call of Duty: WWII will be available for FREE to all XFINITY Internet customers because of a recent partnership between Activision and Comcast.
Xfinity customers will get access to the Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta, which is starting first on PlayStation 4 on August 25 and will be available on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 1. Xfinity Internet customers will join fans who have pre-ordered the highly-anticipated game and have received access to the private multiplayer beta prior to Call of Duty WWII’s official release on November 3rd.
To play, interested customers can visit xfinity.com/CallofDuty between August 21 and 31 and enter their Comcast account number to obtain a unique access code along with instructions on how to redeem the code and the dates of the beta availability.
So if you weren’t able to score a beta key the usual way, you do have access as long as Comcast provides your internet. If you don’t have Comcast, well, find a neighbor who does and doesn’t want to play COD: WWII and steal their beta key like you’d steal their kills in multiplayer. MP betas are no time to be playing fair, after all. For everyone else, there’s always our giveaway.
As for the partnership, based on the statements provided with the press release, it seems like both parties are pretty satisfied, which is good, we guess?
“We’re excited to give our Xfinity Internet customers the chance to play the latest version of the Call of Duty Multiplayer 2 months before release,” said Matt Lederer, Executive Director of Partnership Marketing at Comcast. “Our partnership with Activision is a natural extension of our esports affiliation and gives us the chance to offer our customers something really special, further positioning XFINITY as a brand whose products and services are synonymous with gaming. We are excited to work with Activision to develop content and create unique experiences for our customers.”
“We’re thrilled to partner with Comcast to deliver a meaningful experience to Call of Duty and Xfinity fans,” said Ian Trombetta, Vice President, Consumer Marketing at Activision.“With the private multiplayer beta, gamers will get a sneak peek of the exciting and intense action coming November 3rd. We thank Comcast for their support and look forward to bringing these two great brands together.”
- Hackers Are Already Taking Over The 'Call Of Duty: WWII' Beta
- Sledgehammer Games Head Reveals New Zombie Images From 'Call Of Duty: WWII'
- 'Yakuza Kiwami 2' Officially Announced With a Pair Of Trailers
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018
- EA and UEFA Reveal the eChampions League for FIFA 19 - November 11, 2018
- PlayStation Owners in Chicago will be Taxed Extra for Game Rentals - November 11, 2018
- Thief Simulator Tops Steam’s Bestseller List This Weekend - November 11, 2018