As Supernatural heads into Season 13 — a very impressive feat — they’re going at it (spoilers) without actor Mark Sheppard, whose character of Crowley is gone. The character appeared in 71 episodes, fourth most of any actor behind stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, who have done 268, and Misha Collins, who has appeared in 106 as Castiel. But with Crowley gone, there is a power vacuum in Hell. And if there is anything that demons like, it’s power. So, you can imagine that there might be a fight over who will take Crowley’s seat on the throne.
Showrunner Andrew Dabb talked to EW.com about how when a leader falls, another must step up and that it might no be someone we’ve seen before:
“There is a power vacuum. Into that power vacuum will step a new player for us. Once Crowley is gone, demon-kind and some of our players — some we’ve met before and some that are new — start asking themselves: What is the future of Hell? People come with various different agendas.”
Just who will step up and try to take control? Sounds like just about everyone…but who will win is the main question.
Supernatural Season 13 debuts on Thursday, October 12th at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- One More Thing: Questions About The Flash, Marvel’s Jessica Jones, and More - March 17, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: The Symbol You Know - March 17, 2018
- Martin Freeman Says Sherlock Isn’t Fun Anymore - March 17, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: What is the A.S.A. that Gambi was Talking About? - March 17, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 13 Recap: Principia - March 17, 2018