There have been a lot of rumors surrounding Jared Leto’s future in the DC Extended Universe. He was not happy about how many of his scenes were cut from Suicide Squad and there were some rumors about his “method acting” on the set. Until we got confirmation that this Harley and Joker movie is happening there were rumors Leto didn’t want to be the Joker anymore. He was recently on a radio show where he was flat out asked if he was done with the character.
“No, there’s so much hype and bullsh– about that, I think it’s just fun thing to talk about. Even when [Suicide Squad] came out, there was so much misrepresentation about what went down, about the method acting crap. It’s just that 90% of it was not even true. It just takes on a life of its own.
[Filming Suicide Squad] was an incredible experience, everyone was amazing. Margot Robbie [is] one of the nicest people and one of the best actresses I’ve ever worked with. I really loved working with her.
I thought the scenes we did together were some of the most fun I’ve ever had on a set before. But everything is great in that world and I’m really proud to be a part of it.”
It’s rather amusing now the method acting was blown out of proportion when everyone was okay to use it for marketing purposes during the Suicide Squad release. Jared Leto clearly has a vision for the character whether we all agree it’s the right direction or not.
— Kyle and Jackie O (@kyleandjackieo) August 22, 2017
- Common Addresses Whether or Not He’s Returning for John Wick: Parabellum - November 11, 2018
- Titans Season 1 Episode 6: Promo, Summary, Images, and a Robin Team-Up - November 11, 2018
- Overlord Review: A Bloody Good Time with Nazi Zombies - November 10, 2018
- Michelle Yeoh in Talks to Star in Her Own Star Trek Spinoff - November 9, 2018
- Iron Fist and Game of Thrones Actress Jessica Henwick Joins Godzilla vs. Kong - November 9, 2018