There have been a lot of rumors surrounding Jared Leto’s future in the DC Extended Universe. He was not happy about how many of his scenes were cut from Suicide Squad and there were some rumors about his “method acting” on the set. Until we got confirmation that this Harley and Joker movie is happening there were rumors Leto didn’t want to be the Joker anymore. He was recently on a radio show where he was flat out asked if he was done with the character.
“No, there’s so much hype and bullsh– about that, I think it’s just fun thing to talk about. Even when [Suicide Squad] came out, there was so much misrepresentation about what went down, about the method acting crap. It’s just that 90% of it was not even true. It just takes on a life of its own.
[Filming Suicide Squad] was an incredible experience, everyone was amazing. Margot Robbie [is] one of the nicest people and one of the best actresses I’ve ever worked with. I really loved working with her.
I thought the scenes we did together were some of the most fun I’ve ever had on a set before. But everything is great in that world and I’m really proud to be a part of it.”
It’s rather amusing now the method acting was blown out of proportion when everyone was okay to use it for marketing purposes during the Suicide Squad release. Jared Leto clearly has a vision for the character whether we all agree it’s the right direction or not.
— Kyle and Jackie O (@kyleandjackieo) August 22, 2017
- John Boyega Talks About the Differences Between Filming Star Wars and Pacific Rim Uprising - March 20, 2018
- The First Trailer for Sicario 2: Soldado Looks Like a Barrel of Laughs - March 20, 2018
- The Logo for Shazam! Has Been Revealed - March 20, 2018
- Empire Releases 7 New Covers for Avengers: Infinity War - March 20, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Hawkeye is Doing His Own Thing - March 20, 2018