Josh Brolin may have gotten himself in phenomenal shape for his role as Cable in Deadpool 2, but Guardians of the Galaxy Dave Bautista isn’t going to be outdone.
View this post on Instagram
Cable's coming, growing from the inside. Clean building from a past of donut travel to the present hard case that he is. No sugar. No bread. No pastas. The machine is being built. I'm pissed off. 😳 #cable #deadpool #ryanreynoldsismybitch #cleangrowth @justindlovato @iambuilt #fourweeksin
In an interview with THR, Bautista said that Brolin’s muscular mass is giving him body envy.
I am known for being in shape and being a big guy, and he actually made me self-conscious! I swear to God, I promised him that in November, when I do some work on [Avengers] 4, I told him, ‘I will be in better shape for that because you make me self-conscious, fucker!’
According to Bautista, the last time he saw Brolin, he didn’t even recognize him.
I was out in California in June doing another project, and he walked up to me at Gold’s Gym and goes, ‘Dave,’ and I am looking at him. And he said, ‘It’s Josh,’ and I was like, ‘Holy fuck!’ He literally transformed himself in a matter of months. He is a stud. He is not only jacked, but he is shredded. His face is all sunken in like a model. He is like a completely different person.
Of course, muscles aren’t the only part of Bautista’s body whose size is under constant scrutiny. The size of Bautista’s “Little Dave” has been a matter of frequent speculation, with one post on Reddit even conducting an extensive investigation into the matter.
Fellow former pro wrestler CM Punk even once refused to do a Reddit AMA for fear he would be forced to divulge the coveted information.
— Coach (@CMPunk) April 19, 2017
In that case, Bautista didn’t seem to have an issues with his self esteem:
— Dave Bautista (@DaveBautista) April 19, 2017
- Dave Bautista Reveals What Snacks He Will Eat While Watching Avengers: Infinity War
- Dave Bautista Seemingly Reveals He Is Valiant's Eternal Warrior
- We Can't Print Guardians Of The Galaxy Star Dave Bautista's Message To Anti-LGBTQ Folks In This Headline
- Archangel’s Loyalty Tested in Next Week’s Uncanny X-Men #6 - December 15, 2018
- Is Rocking a Mullet a Reason to Kill a Man? Next Week’s Domino #9 - December 15, 2018
- The @#$%ing Exiles Attack in Next Week’s Exiles #11 - December 15, 2018
- Discussing Canadian Politics at the Dinner Table in Champions Annual #1 - December 15, 2018
- Scarlet Spider’s Continuity is Too Convoluted for the Inheritors to Swallow in Next Week’s Spider-Geddon Finale - December 15, 2018