Ubisoft and Nintendo’s upcoming crossover Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle will have a season pass, the publisher announced today. This is not the first Switch game to have a Season Pass, but that kind of pre-planned DLC is relatively new to Nintendo. And no one enjoyed it when they announced a Season Pass for Breath of the Wild. While we haven’t seen much fan outrage yet for the Mario + Rabbids season pass, we’re sure it is put there.
Available when the game launches on August 29 via the Nintendo eShop for $19.99, the Mario + Rabbids season pass will offer players three pieces of DLC. The first set will be unloackable at launch and include eight unique steampunk weapons, each with their own individual statistics. The next piece of DLC will come later this fall, introducing new solo challenges and additional maps for cooperative play. The third and final piece of DLC will arrive sometime in 2018 and feature new story content.
Mario + Rabbids blends the wacky worlds of Nintendo’s Mushroom Kingdom and Ubisoft’s Rabbids with tactical gameplay, as Mario’s home is being torn apart by a strange vortex. Mario and his friends team up with the Rabbids to defender the kingdom in an adventure that includes both exploration of the Mushroom Kingdom and turn-based battles.
Kingdom Battle‘s developers recently spoke about how the game’s leak ahead of its E3 debut proved “discouraging” for the entire team. Ubisoft previously revealed a collector’s edition for Kingdom Battle, which should be an interesting collector’s item for years to come.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle will be released for the Nintendo Switch on August 29.
- 'Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle' Has Added Ultra Challenge DLC
- The Weirdest Pairing That Works: A Quick Review Of 'Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle'
- Ubisoft Put Out One More Cute 'Mario + Rabbids' Trailer
- Echo Combat Brings VR Shooter Combat to Zero Gravity - June 18, 2018
- Dead or Alive 6 Is Downright Enjoyable and Less Sexualized - June 18, 2018
- Battlefield V’s Grand Operations Feel Like Really Long Squad Mode Battle Royale Matches - June 18, 2018
- Pokémon Go is Getting a Friends List, Trading, and Gifting - June 18, 2018
- FromSoftware’s Action Adventure Sekiro is Still Early in Development - June 18, 2018