Remember Marvel’s Star Comics line of kid-oriented books? OK, I don’t think I read a single one — but I certainly recognise the style. A lot of licensed-for-kids titles, from Star Wars, Archie, Jim Henson and more, as well as original comics (including one that seems to have influenced a very young Warren Ellis.)
And in today’s Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe #4, itself a title as bleak as all get-go, there’s only just so bleak it can go. So, as Deadpool slaughters his way through the superheroes, at some point he’s going to find the kids.
And suddenly artists Dalibor Talajic, Goran Dudzuka, and Miroslav Mrva channel a very different style and age…
For just the loveliest game of hide-and-seek with Deadpool.
See? It’s all fun and games! You know, until someone gets hurt…
I need to hide. Hide somewhere very quiet. You are all bad people. Very, very bad people.
DEADPOOL KILLS MARVEL UNIVERSE AGAIN #4
(W) Cullen Bunn (A) Dalibor Talajic (CA) Declan Shalvey
• Gwenpool! Moon Knight! Ms. Marvel! The Guardians! Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur!
• Bad news, buddy – they’re all gonna die in here!
• It’s right there in the title! Buy the ticket, take the ride!
In Shops: Aug 23, 2017
- Grayson Lines Up A New Potential Girlfriend in Nightwing #53 (Spoilers) - November 21, 2018
- Oni Press Has Pilu Of The Woods and Queer & Trans Identities Join Rick & Morty in February 2019 Solicits - November 21, 2018
- Archie Has A New Girlfriend – and It’s Quite The Twist (Archie #700 Spoilers) - November 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Delivers a Little Fan Service In Star Wars #57 (Spoilers) - November 21, 2018
- Sharkey The Bounty Hunter, Spider-Gwen Bust on Next Week’s Previews Cover - November 21, 2018