DC’s Titans has added another cast member. Anna Diop (24: Legacy, The Messengers) will play Starfire on the show, which is set to launch DC’s new streaming video service.
Deadline had the scoop on Diop’s casting. Diop’s Starfire joins Teagan Croft’s Raven, while Nightwing and the other team members have not yet been cast. Drake Bell has been angling for the Nightwing role on social media.
Originally in development for TNT and then dropped, Titans will be the centerpiece of the new DC-branded streaming network, and will be accompanied by the long-awaited Young Justice Season 3. Here’s some information about Titans we copied and pasted from a previous article on the subject to help pad our word count:
“Titans” follows a group of young soon-to-be Super Heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In this action-packed series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others. “Titans” is a dramatic, live-action adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book teams ever.
“Titans” will be written by Akiva Goldsman (“Star Trek: Discovery,” “Underground”), Geoff Johns (President & Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment; “The Flash,” “Arrow”) and Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”). Goldsman, Johns, Berlanti and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”) are executive producers of the series from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
- Because U Demanded It: WWE PPVs to Now Be Even Longer - May 23, 2018
- Lumberjanes and More BOOM! Digital Comics Featured in the Latest Humble Bundle - May 23, 2018
- Don Johnson, Louis Gossett Jr., Regina King, More Join HBO’s Watchmen Cast - May 23, 2018
- NFL Owners Approve Policy Fining Teams If Players Kneel During National Anthem - May 23, 2018
- Hellboy Board Game Adds Expansion Before It’s Been Released - May 23, 2018