DC’s Titans has added another cast member. Anna Diop (24: Legacy, The Messengers) will play Starfire on the show, which is set to launch DC’s new streaming video service.
Deadline had the scoop on Diop’s casting. Diop’s Starfire joins Teagan Croft’s Raven, while Nightwing and the other team members have not yet been cast. Drake Bell has been angling for the Nightwing role on social media.
Originally in development for TNT and then dropped, Titans will be the centerpiece of the new DC-branded streaming network, and will be accompanied by the long-awaited Young Justice Season 3. Here’s some information about Titans we copied and pasted from a previous article on the subject to help pad our word count:
“Titans” follows a group of young soon-to-be Super Heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In this action-packed series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others. “Titans” is a dramatic, live-action adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book teams ever.
“Titans” will be written by Akiva Goldsman (“Star Trek: Discovery,” “Underground”), Geoff Johns (President & Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment; “The Flash,” “Arrow”) and Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”). Goldsman, Johns, Berlanti and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”) are executive producers of the series from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
- Everything You Knew About Dark Phoenix Saga was… Hey, Stay Away From Our X-Men, Marvel! - December 11, 2018
- Now Everything You Know About… Okay, These Marvel Teasers Are Getting Ridiculous - December 11, 2018
- Gail Simone Asks: Who Are the Hotshots? - December 11, 2018
- Now Everything You Knew About the Avengers Finding Captain America in the Ice Was Wrong Too - December 11, 2018
- Dav Pilkey’s Dog-Man to Party Like It’s 1991 With 5 Million Copy Print Run - December 11, 2018