FX released the first official trailer for American Horror Story: Cult, giving viewers their first detailed looks at Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters’ characters, as well as how the series is using the presidential election of 2016 as a starting point.
From the start of the trailer, we see a tale of two reactions: Ally (Paulson) is devastated by the election news, impacting her on a personal level that she confesses to her therapist (Cheyenne Jackson): “Since election night, it has all been getting so much worse.” On the other hand, Kai (Peters) appears way-over-the-top excited about the results…but you get a sense that it’s not to make America great again. From there, the trailer covers everything from child endangerment and hallucinations to homicidal clowns and potentially homicidal nannies. We even get out first looks at Billie Lourd‘s Winter and Alison Pill‘s Ivy along the way.
Oh…and did I mention the spirit of Twisty the Clown (John Carroll Lynch) still lives-on?
All of the unpleasant ingredients you need to start trouble…or as Kai says it:
“If you get people scared enough, they will set the world on fire.”
But don’t take my word for it…check-out the trailer for American Horror Story: Cult for yourself:
American Horror Story: Cult premieres on Tuesday, September 5th on FX.
- Roswell, New Mexico: CW Releases New Synopsis, Character Images for Sci-Fi Reboot - November 13, 2018
- Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: It’s a Cersei/Cena Smackdown! (PREVIEW) - November 13, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse’s Kathy Bates on Season Finale, Not Praying to Satan, BFF Joan Collins, and More - November 13, 2018
- CNN Sues Trump White House to Reinstate Acosta; Alleges 1st, 5th Amendment Violations (UPDATE) - November 13, 2018
- Gotham Season 5: As The City Falls, The Villains Rise (TEASER) - November 12, 2018