Last week I was lucky enough to photograph two cosplayers in their duo costumes, DJ Ranma S as Spike, and Kat as Rarity, characters from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Kat and Ranma have both been cosplaying for a considerable amount of time. Kat since 1983, Ranma for 18 years. Cosplay has a strong meaning to them. For Kat, it’s a chance to be her favorite characters, to stretch her skills as a crafter, and to boost her confidence. Kat has been sewing since she was 10, but when she discovered cosplay her skills grew, as it forced her to think outside the box. It’s helped her with anxiety issues, helped her with confidence, and it helped get her jobs as well! Ranma enjoys the fun aspect, and that he was goof off with his friends. Kat’s dram cosplay is one she’s done already; Sarah’s ballgown from Labyrinth. For Ranma, he hopes to one day be Kyosuke Kagami, Jotaru Kujo, and Protoman. DJ Ranma S can be found at Anime Jam Session. You can follow Kat at her website, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
- The Stars of A Wrinkle in Time Drop by the Disneyland Resort - February 25, 2018
- Get Prepared for Summer with The Simpsons Sunblock! - February 25, 2018
- This Minimalist BB-8 Lamp is Perfect for Any Trendy Geek’s Home! - February 25, 2018
- Disneyland to Transform Aladdin’s Oasis into The Tropical Hideaway - February 24, 2018
- Disneyland Unveils New Brickwork on Main Street USA - February 24, 2018