Last week I was lucky enough to photograph two cosplayers in their duo costumes, DJ Ranma S as Spike, and Kat as Rarity, characters from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Kat and Ranma have both been cosplaying for a considerable amount of time. Kat since 1983, Ranma for 18 years. Cosplay has a strong meaning to them. For Kat, it’s a chance to be her favorite characters, to stretch her skills as a crafter, and to boost her confidence. Kat has been sewing since she was 10, but when she discovered cosplay her skills grew, as it forced her to think outside the box. It’s helped her with anxiety issues, helped her with confidence, and it helped get her jobs as well! Ranma enjoys the fun aspect, and that he was goof off with his friends. Kat’s dram cosplay is one she’s done already; Sarah’s ballgown from Labyrinth. For Ranma, he hopes to one day be Kyosuke Kagami, Jotaru Kujo, and Protoman. DJ Ranma S can be found at Anime Jam Session. You can follow Kat at her website, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
- New Holiday Dress Makes Its Way To Disney’s Dress Shop On Black Friday - November 16, 2017
- Riverdale Season 2, Episode 6 Review: Chapter 19 – Deathproof - November 16, 2017
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer Coming To Disneyland’s Downtown Disney In 2018 - November 15, 2017
- Lauren Looks Back: Tommy Wiseau’s Beautiful Train Wreck ‘The Room’ - November 15, 2017
- New Events And More Coming To Hong Kong Disneyland In 2018! - November 15, 2017