Blizzard has quite the showcase planned for Gamescon next week, including a lot of content for games like Overwatch that you probably would expect them to save for Blizzzcon. Word has leaked that a new map will be revealed on Monday, August 21, just before Gamescon kicks off on the game’s official YouTube page, and that the map will be playable at their booth during the event for fans who want to test it out in a six-on-six demo.
If that isn’t cool enough, there will be another attraction at the event itself two days later, as on August 23 there will be a Blizzard presentation called the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony” that will include a new Overwatch short. No further details have been released as to who it will feature, but it is probably safe to assume it will be a current character that will help further the storyline within their universe.
Along with the Overwatch news, here’s a quick list of items we don’t have the full details over, but this list has been making the rounds of what else you’ll be able to see from Blizzard at the event.
- New Fireside Gathering features, including a playable group raid against the Lich King.
- Hearthstone‘s Global Games Finals take place on August 25 and 26.
- World of Warcraft
- New details on the upcoming 7.3 patch on Wednesday, August 23.
- WoW European Championship Finals take place throughout the event.
- Heroes of the Storm
- A new hero will be announced on Monday, August 21.
- Heroes of the Storm: Showdown will be a live show including fights between community personalities and pros.
- StarCraft 2
- New co-op commander will be revealed on Monday, August 21.