Punisher: the Platoon #1 by Garth Ennis and Goran Parlov is solicited for its first two issues to be published in October. But there has been a change — because someone has gone and read it.
In Parlov’s last Garth Ennis Punisher book, which was MAX rated, Parlov was asked to make many changes for taste and decency. Not the violence; just the sex and nudity.
One of my numerous censored pages. :D https://t.co/9KCcvl8aMp
— Goran Parlov (@gparlov) May 11, 2017
Well, retailers have been informed that instead of the previously solicited Parental Advisory rating, the series will now have an Explicit Content rating instead. Here’s a handy dandy current guide to Marvel’s ratings.
- ALL AGES – Appropriate for all ages.
- T – Appropriate for most readers, but parents are advised that they might want to read before or with younger children.
- T+ TEENS AND UP – Appropriate for teens 13 and above.
- PARENTAL ADVISORY – Appropriate for older teens. Similar to T+, but featuring more mature themes and/or more graphic imagery. Recommended for teen and adult readers.
- MAX: EXPLICIT CONTENT – 18+ years old Most Mature Readers books will fall under the MAX Comics banner, (created specifically for mature content titles) MAX and Mature-themed titles will continue to be designed to appear distinct from mainline Marvel titles, with the “MAX: Explicit Content” label very prominently displayed on the cover. MAX titles will not be sold on the newsstand, and they will not be sold to younger readers.
So now everyone is safe! And someone has definitely read the comic!
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018