Punisher: the Platoon #1 by Garth Ennis and Goran Parlov is solicited for its first two issues to be published in October. But there has been a change — because someone has gone and read it.
In Parlov’s last Garth Ennis Punisher book, which was MAX rated, Parlov was asked to make many changes for taste and decency. Not the violence; just the sex and nudity.
One of my numerous censored pages. :D https://t.co/9KCcvl8aMp
— Goran Parlov (@gparlov) May 11, 2017
Well, retailers have been informed that instead of the previously solicited Parental Advisory rating, the series will now have an Explicit Content rating instead. Here’s a handy dandy current guide to Marvel’s ratings.
- ALL AGES – Appropriate for all ages.
- T – Appropriate for most readers, but parents are advised that they might want to read before or with younger children.
- T+ TEENS AND UP – Appropriate for teens 13 and above.
- PARENTAL ADVISORY – Appropriate for older teens. Similar to T+, but featuring more mature themes and/or more graphic imagery. Recommended for teen and adult readers.
- MAX: EXPLICIT CONTENT – 18+ years old Most Mature Readers books will fall under the MAX Comics banner, (created specifically for mature content titles) MAX and Mature-themed titles will continue to be designed to appear distinct from mainline Marvel titles, with the “MAX: Explicit Content” label very prominently displayed on the cover. MAX titles will not be sold on the newsstand, and they will not be sold to younger readers.
So now everyone is safe! And someone has definitely read the comic!
- Diamond Tells Retailers That Comic Called ‘The Pervert’ Has ‘Explicit Content’ - March 24, 2018
- Blue Language, Blood and Headshots -The Suicide Squad WonderCon 2018 Roundtables (VIDEO) - March 24, 2018
- A Very Fast Run Through the Sonic #1 WonderCon 2018 Variant - March 23, 2018
- More Action Comics #1000 Covers from Jim Lee, Olivier Coipel, Dave Dorman, and Felipe Massafera - March 23, 2018
- Marvel Uses Father’s Day to Promote Marvel Rising and Marvel Super Hero Adventures - March 23, 2018