This morning the beta testing for the 5.0 firmware for the PlayStation 4 went into effect with select users before the general public will get it. A lot of people have been hesitant over what the changes could bring, but now we’re getting a good sense of what’s inside it now that people have released details. As we previously talked about here, the update primarily focuses on Streamers and their ability to show gameplay footage directly from their PS4, which includes the highly sought-after 1080p and 60fps broadcast ability.
The update will also allow PlayStation users in VR to see messages on Twitch while in the helmet, which I personally would love to see how that will get integrated without being an annoyance. PSVR will also be getting both 5.1ch and 7.1ch virtual surround sound support. You’ll have better management over your friends list, which includes easier access to jump into friend’s games.
The Quick Menu is getting a speedier overhaul, nothing too drastic, just enough to make it streamlined. You’ll get notifications and send them when watching a film or Blu-ray, as well as what games people jump into like you might see on Steam. And finally, you’ll be able to create other accounts on the PS4 using parental controls, so you can set up an account for only your child to log into with the settings you want and they have zero ability to change them from that account.
What do you think of the new additions?
- Details Leaked About The PlayStation 5.0 Update
- The Next PS4 Firmware Update Will Add 1080p 60FPS Streaming Support
- This Game Needs Some Serious Help - Prey Patch 1.05 Fixes PS4 Performance Issues
- PlayStation Plus Is Going Up In Price In Europe
- 'Night Trap' Returns To Console In Time For 25th Anniversary
- Mobile Game Pigeon Pop Gets Caught Stealing Artwork - February 25, 2018
- Gust Announces Smartphone Release Of Atelier Marie Plus: The Alchemist of Salburg - February 24, 2018
- Bandai Namco Releases “The Residence” DLC for Little Nightmares - February 24, 2018
- Spike Chunsoft Will Reveal 4 New Localization Games at GDC 2018 - February 24, 2018
- Xbox Teases Rise of the Tomb Raider Headed to Xbox Game Pass - February 24, 2018