On the fourth of July, Bleeding Cool pointed out Titan Comics’ baiting of Marvel for the launch of Fighting American #1, with their “No Secrets, No Empires” message, very much resonating with some fans disdain with the direction Captain America had taken, revealed as a sleeper agent for Hydra and mounting a fascist overthrow of the United States. And also not being respectful with his Twitter account. Well, it looks like it has gone further.
It seemed to get enough play that Titan Comics has now decided to turn it into an actual variant cover for Fighting American #1 when it is published on October 11th, as the comic approaches its Final Order Cut-Off date.
Here’s the full solicit.
FIGHTING AMERICAN #1
(W) Gordon Rennie (A) Duke Mighten (CA) Terry Dodson
Direct continuation of Simon and Kirby’s classic series! Fighting American returns!
Written by Gordon Rennie with artwork by Duke Mighten, with a cover by Terry and Rachel Dodson!
When the 1950s heroes find themselves trapped in the modern world, how will they handle what society has become, and what dangers will they face?
With modern-day villains to contend with, enemies from their past pursuing them, and a whole new world to come to terms with, what daring adventures could Fighting American and Speed-Boy find themselves in now?
Goes on-sale October 11th, Joe Simon’s birthday!
- 'Age Of Empires IV' Announced With A New Trailer
- A New Age of Comics Begins in Albuquerque, New Mexico - December 16, 2017
- Telling a Story About a Quadriplegic Hero and His Newly Sentient Mechanical Wheelchair - December 16, 2017
- Comics Folk React to… the FCC, Net Neutrality and Ajit Pai - December 16, 2017
- Salt Lake Comic Con Gets a New Name, the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention - December 15, 2017
- Extended Preview of Axis & Atlas #1, the New Titan Comic That’s “a Cross Between Asterix and Bone” - December 15, 2017