Valiant has had quite the year…and, in today’s Divinity #0 from writer Matt Kindt and artist Renato Guedes, we finally get a chance to see the new status quo for the publisher’s top characters — and some new additions — through the eyes of their god-like cosmonaut, Divinity.
Let’s check in, shall we?
First we see Bloodshot, who’s moved on to more peaceful pastures with his girlfriend Magic and their child-to-be. But we’re sure his perfect world will be turned upside down soon enough when Bloodshot Salvation #1 begins in September.
And Toyo Harada, who’s still with his Imperium cohorts off the cost of Somalia, makes his first appearance in a Valiant title in more than a year. Could this be a clue towards Harbinger Wars 2, Valiant’s long-teased crossover for 2018?
Then we see X-O Manowar, sans armor, out in deep space, where’s he’s been since X-O Manowar #1 earlier this year. Divinity seems to be the first Valiant hero X-O Manowar has seen since he left Earth… Possibly a sign that his time away might soon come to an end?
Finally, we also meet the Red Legend, Valiant’s rumored Wonder Woman-level creation, yet again after her initial appearance in last year’s Divinity III: Stalinverse. Could her chat here mean that Valiant’s long-simmering plans for her might soon be coming to fruition?
It’s a valiant, valiant world out there… Divinity #0 is on sale today from Valiant Entertainment.
- A Sneak Peek at Brian Michael Bendis’s Script for Action Comics #1000 - March 20, 2018
- Chuck Dixon’s Batman Knightfall Recut Continues for 25th Anniversary - March 20, 2018
- The Actual Marvel Comics Solicits for June 2018 - March 20, 2018
- The Batman Who Laughs Will Survive Dark Nights: Metal… - March 20, 2018
- Ready Player One Is Both a Celebration of and a Heady Critique on the Shallowness of Pop Culture - March 20, 2018