THQ Nordic is releasing a brand new game called Black Mirror, and no, it has nothing to do with the sci-fi series on Netflix. What people may not be aware of is that there was a point-and-click adventure game called The Black Mirror back in 2003 made by Future Games, which spawned a couple of sequels. Now THQ Nordic along with KING Art Games currently have the rights to the series and have decided to reimagine the gothic series for a new audience. Below are some quotes from this morning’s press release along with the trailer for the game, which we’re probably going to see more of either at Gamescon or PAX West before being released on November 28 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
“In terms of atmosphere, the outstanding feature of the Black Mirror game series is the unique atmosphere which was essentially created by KING Art in the original trilogy. We have developed a new interpretation that both retains the strengths of the original games and gives us more room to explore fresh possibilities in terms of gameplay so that players can experience the world of Black Mirror in a more direct and free way, and not “just” in classic point-and-click style.” – Martin Kreuch, Producer at THQ Nordic.
“Black Mirror is a series that is really close to my heart, and it was fantastic to be immersed in the Gothic horror genre again; the human psyche is a fascinating playground!” – Achim Heidelauf, Producer “Black Mirror” (2017), Executive Producer “Black Mirror II” (2009).
“Black Mirror II” (2009) was the first big adventure KING Art worked on, and it’s fantastic to be able to create the new world of the Gordons and Black Mirror. We will be emphasising the unsettling atmosphere and the meticulous detail that the fans of a Black Mirror title have come to expect.” Jan Theysen, Creative Director KING Art Games.
- After Months Of Waiting, 'We Happy Few' Gets A 2018 Release Date
- 'AquaNox Deep Descent' Gets New Life From THQ Nordic At E3
- THQ Nordic Has Announced Release Dates For SpellForce 3, ELEX, And Chasers: Nightwar
- THQ Nordic's Latest Trailer For 'ELEX' Looks Interesting
- Today's Sales Roundup: Civilization VI, Anima, THQ Nordic, And Xbox Live Gold
- THQ Nordic Teases Surprises For PAX East Attendees
- Square Enix Reveals The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit Launch Times - June 21, 2018
- Locke Cole is Now Playable in Dissidia Final Fantasy NT - June 21, 2018
- Monster Prom Adds New DLC with Its “F*ckin’ Hot Update” - June 21, 2018
- Crackdown’s Series Creator No Longer Working on Crackdown 3 - June 21, 2018
- Overwatch is Teasing Something New, but We Don’t Know What - June 21, 2018