On Sunday, Secret Empire writer Nick Spencer was stuck at the airport, waiting on a flight.
What better way to pass the time than with some political tweeting?
But Twitter, a temperamental beast, decided to respond by bringing up some inconvenient comparisons:
the pictures of Nazis in Captain America costumes… so fucked up :(
— octothorpe scares (@thelittlepakeha) August 16, 2017
Life comes at you fast pic.twitter.com/kwFOmcVBiS
— JesseOfTheWild (@king_guthrum) August 15, 2017
The reference is to Nick Spencer’s thoughts on Nazi-punching, particularly the punching of Richard Spencer (no relation), detailed here in a previous article.
— Gender🚁Professecs (@gprofessx) January 20, 2017
And it wouldn’t be long before Spencer’s original tweet proved to have more versatility than originally intended:
— J. A. Micheline⚡️ (@elevenafter) August 16, 2017
But that wasn’t a battle for today. Spencer had other things he wanted to get off his chest:
If you're the kind of person who's trying to pin this on a Republican member of Congress, you're part of the problem
— Patrick Ruffini (@PatrickRuffini) August 13, 2017
It was then he tweeted this:
And we know how that ended. With another article on Bleeding Cool.
Is it time to leave yet?
- What Happens When A White Supremacist Likes Captain America?
- Gail Simone's #ComicsHateNazis, The Hashtag America Needs Right Now
- Yes, Most Marvel Comics Writers Are Conservatives. And?
- Is WWE Chairman Vince McMahon Planning to Reboot the XFL? - December 16, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Earns $104.8M Friday, More Than Justice League Made Entire Opening Weekend - December 16, 2017
- Oscar Isaac Rumored for Gomez Addams in Animated Addams Family Reboot (Plus: Release Date) - December 16, 2017
- So, About Those Black Suit Superman Scenes in Justice League… - December 16, 2017
- Ian McKellan Wants to Play Gandalf in Amazon’s Lord of the Rings - December 16, 2017