I have owned an early access copy of We Happy Few for over a year now. The game itself has been on the minds of Compulsion Games’ devs since 2013, gone through a variation of tone, style and changes since then, and we’ve only been able to get a taste of things to come since last July. But finally, the wait is over, as it has been announced today that We Happy Few will be getting released for PC, PS4 and Xbox One in 2018.
This morning we found out the date would be April 13, 2018. And yeah, that seems like a really long time out, but we’ve already waited this long so I think we can wait a little longer. Here are a few quotes from the press release sent this morning from a few key figures.
“Our team was humbled by the initial public reception to We Happy Few, and delighted to have this chance to make it bigger. We’re longtime fans of Borderlands, and we’re excited to be part of a line-up that also includes games like Homeworld and Fortnite. Gearbox believed in us from the very beginning, and we think this partnership will make it possible to create the game that our community expects,” said Guillaume Provost, Studio Head of Compulsion Games
“Compulsion Games has an amazing game vision and it’s an honor for Gearbox Publishing to contribute to the effort,” said Steve Gibson, Head of Gearbox Publishing.
- 'Fortnite: Battle Royale' Passes One Million Players
- Mads Mikkelsen Reportedly Still Shooting Scenes For 'Death Stranding'
- THQ Reveal Their Latest Game Before Gamescon: 'Black Mirror'
- Fast Enough To Go Back In Time: We Review 'Sonic Mania'
- We Happy Few Isn't Even Out But Is Getting A Movie
- The Return Of That White Type On That Black Background
- Echo Fox Secures A Franchise Spot In The ‘League Of Legends’ Championship Series - November 20, 2017
- Microïds Release A New Nintendo Switch Trailer For ‘Gear.Club Unlimited’ - November 20, 2017
- Adventure Modes Featured In Latest ‘Seven Deadly Sins: Knights Of Britannia’ Trailer - November 20, 2017
- Fat Dog Games Release The First Scary Trailer For ‘Apparition’ - November 20, 2017
- Ubisoft Lays Out The Plans For Year Three Of ‘Rainbow Six Siege’ - November 20, 2017