Aaron Sorkin has been writing amazing material for years now, but he’s making his directorial debut this fall in Molly’s Game. The first trailer for the based on a true story movie has dropped and Entertainment Weekly spoke to Sorkin about the movie.
“Anybody who’s heard of the story, what they know about it is that there was celebrity game with these movie stars that was run by this very attractive woman. That’s a small piece of the story. We tell that story in Molly’s Game. But the real story being bigger than that.”
This sounds like an interesting story that is very much up Sorkin’s wheelhouse, and it features a killer cast. It’s being pushed out for the award season, but this is also the first time Sorkin has ever directed a feature-length movie.
Summary: Molly Bloom a beautiful, young, Olympic-class skier who ran the world’s most exclusive high-stakes poker game for a decade before being arrested in the middle of the night by 17 FBI agents wielding automatic weapons. Her players included Hollywood royalty, sports stars, business titans and finally, unbeknownst to her, the Russian mob. Her only ally was her criminal defense lawyer Charlie Jaffey, who learned that there was much more to Molly than the tabloids led us to believe.
Molly’s Game, directed by Aaron Sorkin, stars Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba, Kevin Costner, Chris O’Dowd, Michael Cera, Joe Keery, Rachel Skarsten, Graham Greene, and Brian d’Arcy James. It hits theaters November 22nd.
- Veteran Actor Christopher McDonald Arrested For DUI, Informs Cops He's A Star
- Cloudgine Debuts New Trailer For 'They Came From Space'
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018
- DC Universe Announces the Premiere Date for Young Justice: Outsiders - November 16, 2018
- Instant Family Review: A Genuinely Funny and Sincere Family Comedy - November 16, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Review: The Crime of Poorly Paced Exposition - November 15, 2018
- The Gifted Season 2 Episode 8: Promo, Summary, Images, and a Tiara - November 14, 2018