Despite telling a Boston area radio program that he had not made a decision as to whether or not he would be returning for the 25th Bond movie, actor Daniel Craig just confirmed on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
The Hollywood Reporter actually transcribed what Craig said, as we didn’t have a pen ready.
“Yes,” Craig told Colbert point-blank, when asked if he will return as the secret agent. “I always wanted to, I wanted a break,” he said of returning to the character.
By “always wanted to,” he must have been talking in metaphor back in 2015 in an interview with TimeOut when he said “I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists” than do another Bond movie. At the time he’d said that the only reason he would step back into the MI-6 agent’s shoes would be just for the money.
Craig has been playing James Bond since 2006 and his tenure has now spanned the four most recent Bond movies, and while all four haven’t been critically well received they have all gone on to do quite well at the box office. Spectre, the most recent entry back in 2015, made $880 million worldwide while Skyfall in 2012 made $1.1 billion.
The yet untitled 25th Bond movie currently has a release date of November 8, 2019. These movies have infamously long and grueling shooting schedules so we should expect a director and writer announcement by the end of the year at the latest. The movie would likely begin shooting by mid 2018 to meet it’s 2019 release date.
— The Late Show (@colbertlateshow) August 16, 2017
- Daniel Craig Has Made "No Decision" Regarding Bond 25
- Hollywood Dirt Sheets Rumble Over Rumored James Bond Directors Yann Demange, Denis Villenueve and David Mackenzie
- Next James Bond Film Gets A 2019 Release Date, Now Needs A James Bond
- Funko Announces New Licences At Funko Fundays, including James Bond!
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Still Funny, But Makes Some Serious Missteps - September 20, 2017
- New Trailer For Marvel’s The Punisher Is Bloody And Brutal - September 20, 2017
- New Trailer And International Trailer For Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle - September 20, 2017
- Patty Jenkins Explains Why There Was No Post-Credits Scene In Wonder Woman - September 20, 2017
- Zack Snyder Will Not Be Returning To Justice League - September 20, 2017