You can tell when a movie is about to hit Blu-Ray because we get an Honest Trailer from Screen Junkies. And sure enough, we’ll be seeing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 on shelves soon, so here we have the take on the film. They bring up some interesting things, like the lack of emotional death scenes in Marvel movies. The Yondu death may be the best one yet, but there really isn’t much to compare it to. Even Marvel’s version of Spider-Man removed all reference to the death of Uncle Ben, which is a big part of who Spider-Man is. Which makes you wonder what are the odds of getting an big emotional death scene in Avengers: Infinity War?
The other thing they point out is how the film is basically forgettable, like the majority of second Marvel movies in a franchise… except Captain America: Winter Soldier. And that’s pretty accurate as well. Is it because Marvel plays it safe most of the time, trying to just recapture what worked the first time and not risking losing the audience? Or is is more a product of how Marvel makes movies, similar to making a comic, with each movie just being the next chapter in the same book. Move the story along a little bit at a time. Can we look at these movies as a group of franchises or is it just one big franchise?
And when did Drax become so fascinated with sex? That may be the best question of them all.
- The Next Chapter Of Telltale's 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Drops Tuesday
- Cloudgine Debuts New Trailer For 'They Came From Space'
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018