You can’t keep a good villain down, even if he’s dead. EW.com is reporting that actor David Tennant will be appearing in Season 2 of the Netflix series, Marvel’s Jessica Jones. The Doctor Who alum starred in the first season as Kilgrave, a man with mind-controlling powers opposite of Krysten Ritter‘s super-powered private investigator. The two had a very personal and abusive past that drove many aspects of the first 13-episode series.
Kilgrave met his end when Jessica became immune to his powers and snapped his neck in the season finale. How Tennant will appear is, of course, being kept completely under wraps by Marvel, but they did allow the above photo from set. Kilgrave did a lot of psychological damage to Jessica over the years he had control of her, so it’s possible that she will still be dealing with the fallout of that and trying to move past it in the second season — meaning flashbacks, dreams, and sightings are all possible. But we’re also talking about a series based on a comic book universe where death is never permanent…unless you’re Ben Parker or Martha Wayne.
Marvel’s Jessica Jones Season 2 is set to premiere on Netflix in early 2018. Ritter is set to reprise the role in the 8-episode series Marvel’s The Defenders, which debuts this Friday, August 18th.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018