Marvel is coming infamous for how bad some of their posters end up being. You would think a company with the backing of Disney could come up with a better photoshop department. Either that or they could look at the stunning paintings that people like Andy Park do and just use those as their posters. There were a few posters for Spider-Man: Homecoming but there were a few that really worked. It turns out one of the ones that did work has a bit of a story behind it. Tom Holland recently told the story behind this poster to Cinema Blend.
Interesting story about that poster is that is actually me asleep. That’s not part of the movie, that’s me in-between takes asleep. We were shooting this scene and I was just really tired that day, and I was just asleep on the floor, and the photographer took a picture. So when they made that the poster, I was like ‘What! What the hell, guys!’
There is a shot where Peter is in his jacket and suit but it’s really funny that one of the best posters for this movie came from Tom Holland needing a nap on set. Clearly Marvel needs to let their actors nap more for poster ideas.
Summary: Following the events of Captain America: Civil War (2016), Peter Parker attempts to balance his life in high school with his career as the web-slinging superhero Spider-Man.
Spider-Man: Homecoming stars Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr., Marisa Tomei, Donald Glover, Zendaya, Tony Revolori, and Michael Keaton. Swing on down to your local theater and check it out now.
- Tomb Raider Review: The Physicality is Impressive but the Story is Lackluster - March 16, 2018
- Lashana Lynch in Final Talks to Join Captain Marvel - March 16, 2018
- DeWanda Wise Exits Captain Marvel Due to Scheduling Conflicts - March 15, 2018
- Danny Boyle Confirms He’s Working on Bond 25 - March 15, 2018
- [#SXSW 2018] The Director and the Jedi Review: A Fascinating and Joyous Documentary About Star Wars - March 12, 2018