It was already common knowledge that Shinji Mikami would not be directing The Evil Within 2 this time around with the news coming out around the time of E3, but now new information has surfaced this his role is actually very minimal compared to the previous game. An interview with IGN last week reveals that when work began on the game back in 2015, Tango Gameworks tapped John Johanas to help younger talent grow while Mikami helped manage the company. Here’s a quick snippet from the interview, which goes into depth about the game and how Johanas has taken up the reigns in a different way.
What was behind the decision to have John Johanas step in and direct it, rather than yourself?
SM: I want Tango Gameworks to be a studio where young and talented creators are given a chance to succeed. John has a lot of talent. An opportunity like this would have come his way sooner or later.
Have you been working on other projects in the meantime, or have you been taking a break?
SM: I’ve been managing the studio as a whole. To be honest, it was time for the younger talent to do their thing.
- New Freaky Creatures Appear In The Latest 'The Evil Within 2' Trailer
- Bethesda Are Apparently Working On A 'Game Of Thrones' Title
- A Good Look At Evil With A New 'The Evil Within 2' Trailer
- A "Game Of The Year" Edition Is Coming For 'Fallout 4'
- New 'Wolfenstein II' Video Shows More Combat With '50s Television
- New Horrifying Trailer Drops For 'The Evil Within 2'
- [SPOILERS] Wondering How The Evil Within 2 Connects To The First Game? We Have Your Answers
- Titan And Bethesda Team Up For "The Evil Within 2," "Wolfenstein 2," And "Dishonored: Death Of The Outsider" Tie-In Comics
- THQ Nordic Releases a New Apocalyptic Trailer for Darksiders III - November 16, 2018
- Chucklefish Shows Off 15 Minutes of Eastward Footage - November 16, 2018
- State of Decay 2 Adds a New Free Zedhunter Update - November 16, 2018
- Star Citizen Will Offer a Free Week in Late November - November 16, 2018
- Atari Announces RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures for Switch - November 16, 2018