Not too much of a shocker from Ubisoft as the devs talked about Skull And Bones to GameSpot in an interview about the forthcoming game. It seems we’re just never going to shake having loot crates/boxes/hauls/supplies moving forward with life as they have become the new DLC, so the fact they’re becoming the norm isn’t too surprising, but it is a little surprising to see it in this particular game.
In an interview, creative director Justin Farren talked briefly about the inclusion of the system and what it would entail. Here’s a brief snippet from that chat, and I’d encourage you to read the full interview as it has some perspective on where the devs are planning to take the series once it comes out next year.
GameSpot: Everyone’s talking about loot boxes today. Are there gonna be loot boxes?
Farren: Loot boxes? You mean like in the general market?
GameSpot: Yeah, well, just thinking about how an Overwatch game has loot, is there gonna be a system like that?
Farren: So, our economy emulates the real economy of the Indian Ocean, so things that are important to the people who are shipping goods, the merchants, … the empires, those things are important to you. There’s nothing more pirate-y than the treasure chest.
- 'Age Of Empires IV' Announced With A New Trailer
- Will Marvel Go Up Against Ubisoft Over The Trademark For 'The Crew'?
- Ubisoft And The ESL Announce The Rainbow Six Siege Go4 Cup
- Ubisoft Shows Off 'Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle' Co-Op Mode
- Ubisoft Reveal The Details Of 'For Honor's Third Season
- Ubisoft's Skull And Bones Trailer From E3 Is Piratically Awesome
- Valve is Putting an End to Steam Link Hardware - November 20, 2018
- Fans Old and New Get a Fresh Look at the Story of Kingdom Hearts III - November 20, 2018
- Riot Games Rebrands League of Legends LSC to European Championship - November 20, 2018
- Hitman 2 Launches Exclusive Target #1 Mission Today with Sean Bean - November 20, 2018
- Transformers TCG Gates a New Addition With the Metroplex Deck - November 20, 2018