In a totally unpredictable move that no one could have seen coming, the latest update to No Man’s Sky started failing within 24 hours out of the gate and required a new patch to get it working. This past Friday, Hello Games released a brand new 1.31 update to the game that brought multiplayer options in, the ability to teleport around, and a chance to manipulate the terrain. They also claim that there are another 30 hours of story incorporated into the main game, but no one has really explored that option in depth enough yet to report back on it.
Apparently, that update caused a bunch of problems, including frequent game crashing, which almost seems fitting since the game crashed and burned in the eyes of most of the people who purchased it and discovered a lot of the original promises made to the game weren’t incorporated. As well as still, to this date, having no end that we’re aware of.
If you still love the game and still enjoy playing it, good on you for finding joy in it. Here’s a list of what the patch fixes:
- Fixed an issue causing some players to crash when accessing the galactic map while having too many waypoints active
- Fixed a crash some players experience when pinning certain tech
- Fixed a crash which occurs when players with particularly long play-throughs attempt to save the game
- Fixed an issue that sometimes resulted in guild missions not crediting correctly
- Hello Games Fixes a Ton Of Stuff in Latest No Man's Sky Patch
- No Man’s Sky Shows What's Changed Leading to the Xbox One Release
- No Man's Sky Developer Says They'll Continue to Update the Game
- Xbox One Release Date for No Man's Sky Leaked
- What A Shock: 'No Man's Sky' Needs Yet Another Fix
- The Next Update For 'No Man's Sky' Revealed On Reddit
- Are Hello Games Trolling 'No Man’s Sky' Fans With Cassettes Now?
- 'No Man's Sky' Is Trying To Apologize To Gamers With New Stuff, But It's Too Late
- No Man's Sky Wasn't Falsely Advertised Says ASA
- New No Man's Sky Foundation Update Looks Genuinely Impressive
- Microsoft Shows Off Changes for Xbox One’s November Update - November 14, 2018
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Receives a Teaser Trailer - November 14, 2018
- This War of Mine: Stories Receives New DLC with “The Last Broadcast” - November 14, 2018
- Jam City Announces a New Partnership with Disney - November 14, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for November 13-19, 2018 - November 14, 2018