In Old Norse sources, beings described as trolls dwell in isolated rocks, mountains, or caves, live together in small family units, and are rarely helpful to human beings. Later, in Scandinavian folklore, trolls became beings in their own right, where they live far from human habitation, are not Christianized, and are considered dangerous to human beings. Depending on the source, their appearance varies greatly; trolls may be ugly and slow-witted, or look and behave exactly like human beings, with no particularly grotesque characteristic about them. Trolls are sometimes associated with particular landmarks, which at times may be explained as formed from a troll exposed to sunlight. Trolls are depicted in a variety of media in modern popular culture.
So this is what you have all been reading this week….
Top Twenty Traffic Of The Week
- Jonathan Hickman Confirms Marvel Cancelled Fantastic Four Over Fallout With Fox (UPDATE)
- Mark Millar Compares Netflix Purchasing Millarworld To Disney Buying Marvel – Kingsman And Kick-Ass Not Included
- The World Of Comics Has A Serious Problem: Trolls
- Yes, Most Marvel Comics Writers Are Conservatives. And?
- James Gunn Confirms Leaked Footage From Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3
- Black Lighting Changes Setting, A Step Closer To Joining The Arrowverse
- The Return Of A Certain Someone In Secret Empire #8 – And Captain America #25 (SPOILERS)
- GeekGirlCon Staffers Resign, Use Company E-Mail And Address Book To Tell Everyone Why
- Secret Empire #9 Cover Leaked Ahead Of Tomorrow’s Secret Empire #8 (SPOILERS)
- Harley Quinn Performs The Downward Dog For Frank Cho
- Distant Grumbles At The ‘Dark Matter’ Sweetheart Deal From DC Comics
- Stephen Amell Responds To Negative Comments About His Pride Parade Visit
- Is This The First Look At Duke Thomas’s New ‘Dark Matter’ Costume As The Signal?
- DC Creators Will Have Ownership Or Equity Positions In Dark Matter Books
- The Shocking (SPOILER) Of Batman At Superman’s Hands By Jonathan Glapion For #DCMetal
- GeekGirlCon Resignations Over “Reverse Racism And Sexism” Against White And Male Staffers?
- The Comic Store That Won’t Order Any Marvel Lenticular Covers – Are There Any More Out There?
- What Will Action Comics #1000 Be? Yet Another New Status Quo For Superman…
- The Netflix/Marvel Mystery: There’s A Whole Lot Of Walking Back Going On Here
- When Stephen Amell Learned That Michael Emerson Was Joining Arrow
And Ten You May Prefer
- We Talk To The “Scientist” Behind The TOO OP: Girls ONLY Panel At Metrocon, Florida
- Big Problems With Nerd Block: Chargebacks, Closed Sites, And Refunds
- Mister Miracle #1 – Darkseid Is…PTSD, Depression And Ever Present Cage
- Mark Buckingham Is “Primarily Focused On Getting Miracleman Done”
- DC Comics Covers For September From Babs Tarr, Liam Sharp, Dale Keown, Frank Cho, And More
- DC To Launch New Harley Quinn Comic, ‘Harley Loves Joker’ With Paul Dini
- Frank Miller’s Dark Knight Strikes Again, Published Without Lynn Varley’s Colours
- July Sold 25% Fewer Comics Than June – Overall 2017 Sales Fall For First Time
- Mister Miracle #1 Sells Out From Diamond, Goes For $20 On eBay
- Donald Trump’s Policies Are Now An Ad For 2000 AD Comics