Hannibal was one of the best shows on television, period. Like most great television shows it didn’t get its due and was canceled not long before it won a Saturn Award. Creator Bryan Fuller along with the extremely dedicated fanbase have never really given up hope that the series would return someday. Fuller has said that they couldn’t start talking about bringing the series back until two years after the finale had aired. That was August of 2015 and when a fan asked Fuller if the talks had started he confirmed that they have and that Producer Martha De Laurentiis is on it.
Conversations couldn't start until 2 years after the final airing of season 3. @neoprod has started those conversations. This takes time.
— Bryan Fuller (@BryanFuller) August 9, 2017
— Martha De Laurentiis (@neoprod) August 13, 2017
Fuller previously said in 2016 that it was only after the two years wait that talks could start.
“That’s when we would have to see what the rights are for the character and for the story, and see who’s interested and how we get it done,” Fuller said in June 2016.
Fuller has also said that stars Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen would be on board if the series came back.
“The cast is game, I’m game,” Fuller previously stated. “It’s just a matter of finding the right time where everybody’s schedules sync up, but I would love to continue to tell the story with Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen. They’re such a fantastic collaborators, and one of the most satisfying actor-showrunner relationships I’ve ever had in this industry. So I would love to continue this story.”
Now the tweet is by no means confirmation that the show is coming back but the fact that Fuller and De Laurentiis started the talks as soon as they were able seems to imply they want the show back as much as we do.