In a plan that nine out of ten industry experts agree is the second-most optimal available configurations of Leonardos in a major motion picture, Leonardo DiCaprio will play Leonardo Da Vinci in a biopic based on the eponymous book by Walter Isaacson (the number one optimal configuration being Leonardo the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle playing Leonardo DiCaprio in a documentary about DiCaprio making the Leonardo Da Vinci biopic).
Paramount won the rights to the film in a what Deadline calls an “intense” bidding war with rival studio Universal. Both studios are desperate for a big hit, with Universal’s Dark Universe suffering out of the gate thanks to The Mummy underperforming and Paramount recently being scolded by Chinese investors for spending their money on bombs. Paramount is counting on the combined star power of the dude from Titanic and the dead dude from The Da Vinci Code to revive their prospects as Hollywood faces the reality that maybe they can’t just keep rebooting old franchises over and over while theaters jack up ticket prices and continue to make money hand over fist.
Author Isaacson also wrote the book Steve Jobs (we’re sensing a pattern with his book titles), which you may remember from being one of seventeen Steve Jobs biopic adaptations to come out in 2015 (this was the one that starred Michael Fassbender, the dude from X-Men).
At press time, Paramount was seen proudly brandishing their new expensive movie production as Chinese investors looked on nervously.The movie should hit theaters sometime before Marvel publishes the final issues of Jonathan Hickman and Dustin Weaver’s S.H.I.E.L.D. comic.
- The Charlie Brown Reboot You Never Knew You Needed is Back on Kickstarter for Weapon Brown: Aftershock - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – It’s Not a Happy Birthday for Logan in Weapon X #15 - March 19, 2018
- Dark Horse to Collect Matt Kindt’s 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man in New Expanded Edition - March 19, 2018
- Braun Strowman Must Find Partner for WrestleMania Tag Team Title Match; Here’s the 3 Most Likely Choices - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Drinking, Killing, and Portable Storage Technology in Old Man Logan #36 - March 19, 2018