In a plan that nine out of ten industry experts agree is the second-most optimal available configurations of Leonardos in a major motion picture, Leonardo DiCaprio will play Leonardo Da Vinci in a biopic based on the eponymous book by Walter Isaacson (the number one optimal configuration being Leonardo the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle playing Leonardo DiCaprio in a documentary about DiCaprio making the Leonardo Da Vinci biopic).
Paramount won the rights to the film in a what Deadline calls an “intense” bidding war with rival studio Universal. Both studios are desperate for a big hit, with Universal’s Dark Universe suffering out of the gate thanks to The Mummy underperforming and Paramount recently being scolded by Chinese investors for spending their money on bombs. Paramount is counting on the combined star power of the dude from Titanic and the dead dude from The Da Vinci Code to revive their prospects as Hollywood faces the reality that maybe they can’t just keep rebooting old franchises over and over while theaters jack up ticket prices and continue to make money hand over fist.
Author Isaacson also wrote the book Steve Jobs (we’re sensing a pattern with his book titles), which you may remember from being one of seventeen Steve Jobs biopic adaptations to come out in 2015 (this was the one that starred Michael Fassbender, the dude from X-Men).
At press time, Paramount was seen proudly brandishing their new expensive movie production as Chinese investors looked on nervously.The movie should hit theaters sometime before Marvel publishes the final issues of Jonathan Hickman and Dustin Weaver’s S.H.I.E.L.D. comic.
- Terry Moore’s Strangers In Paradise Headed To Film With Professor Marston And The Wonder Women Director - October 19, 2017
- VidAngel Files For Bankruptcy, Vows To Continue Copyright Fight “All The Way” - October 18, 2017
- Fanboy Rampage: Jon Malin Responds To Criticism Of Blink’s Costume On Cable #153 Cover - October 18, 2017
- Image Comics Wants Readers To Get Naked With New OGN From Steven T. Seagle - October 18, 2017
- Wolf Warrior 2 Star Frank Grillo Denies Marvel Return Rumors Started By Frank Grillo - October 18, 2017