It’s not a surprise that the smallest thing can get annoying when you’re trying to do your job and the same rings true for actors as well. For Thor actor Chris Hemsworth it turns out the thing that was holding him back was his wig. Hemsworth talked to Entertainment Weekly (via Screen Rant) about how liberating it was to have short hair.
“When I didn’t have the wig on, I instantly felt like I could move and speak and react differently. Once we aesthetically stripped a lot of that away, it allowed the whole thing to take on a different attitude. It felt like a completely different character, and that was hugely liberating and freeing as an actor because I had become a bit bored with myself.”
The overall look of Thor: Ragnarok has been widely debated since the first trailer hit and people got a look at the insane world that director Taika Waititi was creating. Hemsworth credited that look to Marvel legend Jack Kirby.
“The look is inspired a helluva lot by Jack Kirby and his art. I loved the kind of cosmic trippy vibe of the Thor comics. I’ve often said if Freddie Mercury were alive, I would have asked Queen to do the soundtrack. The movie just has that feel: It’s a cool, bold, colorful cosmic adventure.”
The parts of Ragnarok that we’ve seen certainly look like something that just jumped from the page.
Summary: Imprisoned, the mighty Thor finds himself in a lethal gladiatorial contest against the Hulk, his former ally. Thor must fight for survival and race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home and the Asgardian civilization.
Thor: Ragnarok, directed Taika Waititi, also stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Idris Elba, and Mark Ruffalo. It will be released on November 3rd.
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018