Sony has released a bunch of new release dates according to Variety.
The first one will be the second Spider-Man spin-off movie Silver and Black. Announced earlier this year Silver and Black will directed Gina Prince-Bythewood. The script is being re-written by Chris Yost based on a previous draft by Westworld co-creator Lisa Joy. The movie will be released on February 8, 2019.
In the comic books, Silver Sable is a mercenary who runs a company that hunts war criminals. Black Cat is burglar named Felicia Hardy, who briefly appeared in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” played by Felicity Jones. While both characters exist in Marvel’s Spider-Man universe, Prince-Bythewood’s film will not be a crossover with the web-slinger.
The second movie they got a release date for is Soldado the sequel to Sicario. The pitch black crime drama, which helped launch the writing career of Taylor Sheridan, will be released on June 29, 2018. Benicio del Toro and Josh Brolin will return but unfortunately not Emily Blunt. Stefano Sollima will be directed from another script by Sheridan. The movie will continue to focus on the escalating war on drugs along the US and Mexican boarder.
Sony has also delayed Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly production >Holmes & Watson moving it from August 3, 2018 to November 9, 2018.
- Woody Harrelson in Talks to Join Venom - December 13, 2017
- [SPOILER-FREE] Star Wars: The Last Jedi Review: Moving, Unexpected, and Breathtaking - December 12, 2017
- Hugh Jackman Comments on the Potential Disney-Fox Merger - December 11, 2017
- New Story Details Revealed for New Mutants - December 11, 2017
- The Post Review: A Frighteningly Relevant Film About the Importance of a Free Press - December 6, 2017