Sony has released a bunch of new release dates according to Variety.
The first one will be the second Spider-Man spin-off movie Silver and Black. Announced earlier this year Silver and Black will directed Gina Prince-Bythewood. The script is being re-written by Chris Yost based on a previous draft by Westworld co-creator Lisa Joy. The movie will be released on February 8, 2019.
In the comic books, Silver Sable is a mercenary who runs a company that hunts war criminals. Black Cat is burglar named Felicia Hardy, who briefly appeared in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” played by Felicity Jones. While both characters exist in Marvel’s Spider-Man universe, Prince-Bythewood’s film will not be a crossover with the web-slinger.
The second movie they got a release date for is Soldado the sequel to Sicario. The pitch black crime drama, which helped launch the writing career of Taylor Sheridan, will be released on June 29, 2018. Benicio del Toro and Josh Brolin will return but unfortunately not Emily Blunt. Stefano Sollima will be directed from another script by Sheridan. The movie will continue to focus on the escalating war on drugs along the US and Mexican boarder.
Sony has also delayed Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly production >Holmes & Watson moving it from August 3, 2018 to November 9, 2018.
- Aquaman: The Black Manta Suit Is Straight out of the Comics - July 17, 2018
- Agent Carter Producer Says a Netflix Revival Probably Wouldn’t Work - July 17, 2018
- Dove Cameron Talks Her Version of Spider-Gwen from Marvel Rising: Initiation - July 16, 2018
- How a Broken Ankle Helped Mission: Impossible – Fallout - July 16, 2018
- James Wan Talks About Keeping Aquaman a Self-Contained Film - July 16, 2018