The time is getting closer to the September 8th opening of It, the reboot film based on Stephen King‘s novel from relative newcomer director Andrés Muschietti (his only real prior feature credit was from the 2013 horror film, 2013). How the adaptation works out remains to be seen but the marketing machine continues to roll along full tilt. Back during San Diego Comic-Con, there’d been sightings of kids with the red balloons everywhere, and now Entertainment Weekly has released two new images — one of the Losers Club and one of the film’s big bad, the clown who calls himself Pennywise.
The Losers Club image shows the cluster of misfits who’ve been used, abused, and marginalized most of their lives. While they’re some of the regular punching bags of the townsfolk of Derry (notably by the local bullies who call themselves The Bowers Gang), they’re also the only residents who can actually see Pennywise.
The image shows the various members of the Loser’s Club: Sophia Lillis as Beverly Marsh, Wyatt Oleff as Stanley Uris, Jack Grazer as Eddie Kaspbrak, Chosen Jacobs as Mike Hanlon, Jaeden Lieberher as club leader Bill Denbrough, Jeremy Ray Taylor as Ben Hascomb and Finn Wolfhard as Richie Tozier.
Pennywise the Dancing Clown is the force of evil, described in the book as “a mysterious, eldritch demonic entity of evil.” Preying on children every 30 years, and using shapeshifting powers to terrorize them as it kills them. For anyone that already has a healthy phobia of clowns, It will do nothing to allay those fears or make going to the circus any more appealing.
- Stephen King Wasn't Involved At All In 'It' Reboot, Didn't Even Get Any Swag
- 'It' Director Andrés Muschietti Threatens Second Stephen King Remake: Pet Sematary
- The Dark Tower Review: From A Non-Book Reader's Perspective
- Stephen King Would Like 'The Dark Tower' Sequel To Be R-Rated
- Bill Skarsgård Says He Made Children Cry On The 'IT' Set
- Tomb Raider Review: FINALLY, A Video Game Movie That Isn’t Cringe-Worthy - March 16, 2018
- A Wrinkle in Time Review: Almost A Modern Escape To Witch Mountain - March 9, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Chatter: Episode 0 – Welcome to the Podcast! - March 3, 2018
- Dragon Con’s Two Biggest Cosplay Photoshoots Called Off By Coordinators - February 27, 2018
- Red Sparrow Review: A Solid Slow-Burn U.S. vs Russia Espionage Caper - February 24, 2018