Dark Horse has sent us some exclusive preview pages for the upcoming 12th issue of Conan the Slayer from writer Cullen Bunn and artist Dheeraj Verma, with a cover by Phroilan Gardner. This is the final part of the six-issue adaptation of Robert E. Howard‘s The Devil in Iron story that was first published in Weird Tales in August 1934.
The original is a tale of a mythical demon, Khosatral Khel, that is resurrected due to the theft of a sacred dagger. Conan is tricked by the villainous Turan governor Jehungir Agha into pursuing the lovely Octavia to the island of Xapur. This turns out to be where the demon calls home. It was previously adapted for comics by Roy Thomas, John Buscema, and Alfredo Alcala in Savage Sword of Conan #15.
“Conan the Slayer #12
Writer: Cullen Bunn Artist: Dheerja Verma Colorist: Michael Atiyeh Cover Artist: Phroilan Gardner
Jehungir Agha’s plan to ambush Conan in the dead city of Xapur goes awry when his men encounter the enraged demon Khosatral Khel, who seeks the Cimmerians blood. But Agha’s plight may be the break Conan needs to turn the tables on the Devil in Iron!”
The book goes on sale August 23rd.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Answer to the Black Canary Image from this Weekend - March 19, 2018
- Freeform Releases New Poster for Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger - March 19, 2018
- Syfy’s Nightflyers Changes Showrunners Before Pilot is Filmed - March 19, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Will Have John Constantine Full-Time - March 19, 2018
- Joseph Michael Linsner and Kristina Deak-Linsner Team for New Vampirella Series - March 19, 2018