Dark Horse has sent us some exclusive preview pages for the upcoming 12th issue of Conan the Slayer from writer Cullen Bunn and artist Dheeraj Verma, with a cover by Phroilan Gardner. This is the final part of the six-issue adaptation of Robert E. Howard‘s The Devil in Iron story that was first published in Weird Tales in August 1934.
The original is a tale of a mythical demon, Khosatral Khel, that is resurrected due to the theft of a sacred dagger. Conan is tricked by the villainous Turan governor Jehungir Agha into pursuing the lovely Octavia to the island of Xapur. This turns out to be where the demon calls home. It was previously adapted for comics by Roy Thomas, John Buscema, and Alfredo Alcala in Savage Sword of Conan #15.
“Conan the Slayer #12
Writer: Cullen Bunn Artist: Dheerja Verma Colorist: Michael Atiyeh Cover Artist: Phroilan Gardner
Jehungir Agha’s plan to ambush Conan in the dead city of Xapur goes awry when his men encounter the enraged demon Khosatral Khel, who seeks the Cimmerians blood. But Agha’s plight may be the break Conan needs to turn the tables on the Devil in Iron!”
The book goes on sale August 23rd.
- Confederate Statues And Tampa Bay Sports Teams - August 17, 2017
- Never Give Up, Never Surrender On Galaxy Quest Revival - August 17, 2017
- James Bond And The Shadow/Batman Lead Dynamite’s November Solicitations - August 17, 2017
- Is The CW Bringing The Black Hood To Riverdale? - August 17, 2017
- Meet The Royals – Marvel Show’s Us Who Is Who Among The Inhumans - August 17, 2017