Earlier this month, Law & Order: SVU added Philip Winchester to play Pete Stone, assistant district attorney and son of former ADA Ben Stone (Michael Moriarty), who was a regular in the early years of Law & Order. The changes to the show continue as word now is the veteran NBC series, going into its 19th season, has added Brooke Shields as a recurring character.
Shields said as part of the announcement:
“I play a very different character from any I have ever played. I’m excited to stir the SVU pot a bit.”
The network is keeping quiet on exactly who Shields will play, but the describe the character as going to “shake up Benson’s world.” That being the character of Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay), who has been with the series since the beginning.
Shields started off as a model and actress in the late ’70s when she starred in the films Pretty Baby, Just You And Me, Kid with George Burns, then The Blue Lagoon and Endless Love. in 1996 she would lead her own sitcom called Suddenly Susan for five seasons. Since then she’s appeared in many projects including Lipstick Jungle, The Middle, That ’70s Show, Army Wives, and Nip/Tuck. Last year she appeared on the series Scream Queens with Jamie Lee Curtis.
Law & Order: SVU returns on Wednesday, September. 27th at 9 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Exclusive: 6-Page Bettie Page Comic By Avallone And Linsner To Appear In Playboy - October 18, 2017
- Roger Goodell And NFL Owners To Work With Players On Protest Issues - October 18, 2017
- Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3, Episode 2 Recap: Freakshow - October 18, 2017
- Arrow Season 6: Oliver Queen Name Checks A Major DC Character - October 18, 2017
- Flash Season 4, Episode 2 Recap: Mixed Signals - October 18, 2017