Earlier this month, Law & Order: SVU added Philip Winchester to play Pete Stone, assistant district attorney and son of former ADA Ben Stone (Michael Moriarty), who was a regular in the early years of Law & Order. The changes to the show continue as word now is the veteran NBC series, going into its 19th season, has added Brooke Shields as a recurring character.
Shields said as part of the announcement:
“I play a very different character from any I have ever played. I’m excited to stir the SVU pot a bit.”
The network is keeping quiet on exactly who Shields will play, but the describe the character as going to “shake up Benson’s world.” That being the character of Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay), who has been with the series since the beginning.
Shields started off as a model and actress in the late ’70s when she starred in the films Pretty Baby, Just You And Me, Kid with George Burns, then The Blue Lagoon and Endless Love. in 1996 she would lead her own sitcom called Suddenly Susan for five seasons. Since then she’s appeared in many projects including Lipstick Jungle, The Middle, That ’70s Show, Army Wives, and Nip/Tuck. Last year she appeared on the series Scream Queens with Jamie Lee Curtis.
Law & Order: SVU returns on Wednesday, September. 27th at 9 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Terry Dodson Adds Original Art to the Bettie Page Statue Kickstarter - March 16, 2018
- Jake McDorman Joins the Cast of the Murphy Brown Revival - March 16, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Jefferson Finds a Secret He Didn’t Anticipate - March 16, 2018
- Flash Season 4: When Will Barry and Company Be Back? - March 16, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Curtis Gets a Boyfriend and Other News - March 16, 2018