Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 are huge projects that are taking the better part of a year to film. While Infinity War finished filming just before Comic-Con International, we can imagine that directors Anthony and Joe Russo got to rest for what must have felt like all of two minutes before kicking off the production for Avengers 4. The Russos posted a picture of a gloved hand — a mysterious glove that could belong to almost anyone in the Marvel Cinematic Universe — holding up four fingers with the caption “Beginning the end.”
Avengers 4 is the final movie of Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and all of this has been leading up to these two Avengers movies. The future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe after these movies is largely unknown, because any hints could spoil what is going to happen in both films. At the moment, we know there’s going to be a second Spider-Man movie and a third Guardians of the Galaxy movie, but aside from that, what’s next is largely unknown.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Samuel L. Jackson, Chadwick Boseman, Cobie Smulders, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, and Anthony Mackie. It will be released on May 4th, 2018.
Avengers 4 will open on May 3rd, 2019.
- Woody Harrelson in Talks to Join Venom - December 13, 2017
- [SPOILER-FREE] Star Wars: The Last Jedi Review: Moving, Unexpected, and Breathtaking - December 12, 2017
- Hugh Jackman Comments on the Potential Disney-Fox Merger - December 11, 2017
- New Story Details Revealed for New Mutants - December 11, 2017
- The Post Review: A Frighteningly Relevant Film About the Importance of a Free Press - December 6, 2017