With a global audience of about 320 million people, eSports is the hot new ticket for game companies, so Ubisoft and the ESports League have partnered up to showcase the skills of Rainbow Six Siege’s massive fan base, which recently hit over 20 million registered players.
Rainbow Six Siege already has a hotly contested eSports scene on PC thanks to its pro-league and Invitational tournaments, but now Ubisoft and the ESL are launching 4 months of online competitions on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. These Go4 Cups are free to enter and open to UK Rainbow Six Siege players of all abilities. Granted, being an eSports tournament, you will want to be at least a decent player before entering. Though you do not need to be a registered pro.
The first Rainbow Six Siege Go4 Cup kicks off on August 15th and the rest of the Go4 Cups will take place every Tuesday for the following 15 weeks. Players can register at any time here before the action kicks off each week at 18:30 UK time. Games will run from 19.00 until 22.30. There’s a £100 prize pool for the best team on Xbox One and on PS4 each week, and every 4 weeks the best eight teams from the previous 3 weeks can compete for a share of the £1,000 prize pot.
So if you’d like a chance to win some serious money, it’s time to start recruiting your friends for your ultimate task force. And as a free pro tip: remember to pick teammates who won’t blow up the hostage with Fuse’s cluster bombs.
The tournament is pretty simple in structure, boiling down to the following three points:
- Teams accrue points for placing within the top 16 of the Go4 Cup every week, with the weekly winners also earning themselves £100.
- The eight teams with the most points will play in the Go4 Final every fourth Tuesday from August 15th.
- The two final teams go head to head for their share of the £1,000 prize pool.
So, gentlemen, ladies, the field is open.
- Ubisoft Reveals The Next 'Rainbow Six Siege' Operator
- Ubisoft Shows Off "Operation White Noise" For 'Rainbow Six Siege'
- 'Rainbow Six Siege' Debut The "Blood Orchid" Operators
- "Operation Blood Orchid" On The Way For 'Rainbow Six Siege'
- Pirate Themed Loot Boxes Will Be In 'Skull And Bones'
- Iron Tides Review: Pokémon with Vikings - December 14, 2017
- Like Monster Hunter and Destiny: Hands-on with Dauntless - December 14, 2017
- Duelyst Review: Charming Visuals and Chess Strategies - December 14, 2017
- Lineage II: Revolution Review: Impressive, but Not Quite Impressive Enough - December 14, 2017
- DOOM VFR Review: Slick, Sweet Satanic Fun - December 14, 2017