After weeks of figuring out exactly what they planned on doing, Twitch revealed their schedule and plans for TwitchCon 2017 today. You can see the full details on the convention’s website, but here’s a quick summary of the info. 80 different sessions have been selected to take part in this year’s conventions, including topics that are “the most socially conscious topics covered are staying healthy while streaming, the LGBT broadcasting experience, inclusivity, social responsibility, and the art of moderation,” according to a press release sent out this morning.
Twitch will also be holding a Developer’s Day on October 19, shortly before the con starts, aimed towards marketers, game software developers, and stream tool developers. An H1Z1 Invitational will be held throughout the event as it comes back for the third year in a row, with a prize pool of $500k up for grabs. Anf finally, the Charity Decathalon Pool, which we’ve posted details about who is involved below. Overall, things are looking good for this year’s convention.
The Charity Plaza Presented by Tiltify will feature the return of the Charity Team Decathlon. This event will benefit 10 selected charities (Doctors Without Borders, Stack-Up, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Direct Relief, GameChanger, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Extra Life, Save the Children, Young Survival Coalition, and American Red Cross) and kicks off Friday, October 20 at 1:00 pm PT with creators broken down into teams assigned to each of the 10 charities. Throughout each day of TwitchCon, participating creators will compete in various video game, art, and food competitions to earn points for their charities. The highest-scoring team will receive the largest slice of the donation pot for their assigned charity, as well as the title of Tiltify Charity Decathlon Champion. All other teams will divvy up the remaining donation sum, guaranteeing all charities receive winnings. All matches, plus segments spotlighting each participating charity, will be streamed live on Twitch.
- Twitch Releases The Complete Exhibitors List For TwitchCon
- Twitch Announces New Interactive Developer "Extensions" At PAX West
- AAA Lucha Libre Worldwide’s 'Triplemania XXV' To Air On Twitch
- Twitch Adds In New Integration Tools For Hearthstone & Overwatch
- Twitch To Run Classic Game Show 'Starcade' For Next Marathon
- Twitch Releases The Full Version Of Their Desktop App Today
- A Twitch Channel Takes Third Place In A 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Match
- Get Ready For Retro Arcade Action With Twitch's 'Starcade' Marathon
- Crunchyroll & Twitch Partner Up For Their First Ever Anime Marathon
- The Twitch Mobile App Will Now Offer Mobile Streaming
- Stage One Finalists For Esports Industry Awards To Be Announced On Twitch
- New Pokémon Job Listing Gives Hints to Nintendo Switch Game - March 16, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves Releases the Full List of Achievements - March 16, 2018
- Sonic Mania Plus Announced at SXSW with Physical Edition and New Characters - March 16, 2018
- Capcom Now Offering Character Editor Vouchers for Monster Hunter: World - March 16, 2018
- Nintendo Switch Sales Save Blossom Tales’ Devs from Shutting Down - March 16, 2018