Image Comics have just issued a statement that Eisner-award winning colourist Jordie Bellaire‘s debut series as writer, Redlands, is being rushed back to print to keep up with demand.
Created with artist Vanesa R. Del Rey, Redlands is set in the town of Redlands, Florida, where police fail to control the old-fashioned natives and a coven of murderous witches attempted to take control of everything.
Another feather for the creators caps, as their book gains such high demand so fast.
The full press release from Image follows:
PORTLAND, OR, 08/09/2017 — Eisner award-winning colorist and debut writer Jordie Bellaire (PRETTY DEADLY, Vision, Batman) and artist Vanesa R. Del Rey (ZERO, Scarlet Witch, Constantine) have conjured up a hot new series this summer in REDLANDS. Image Comics is pleased to announce that, on the same day as release, REDLANDS #1 is being rushed back to print in order to keep up with overwhelming customer demand.
“Wow! Excited to see so many readers and retailers responding to Redlands in such an enthusiastic way,” said Bellaire. “Thank you! Who would have thought people would take to murderous witches so easily! Y’all are my style, macabre and a little scary.”
REDLANDS introduces readers to the sleepy, sunny town of Redlands, Florida where the police are failing to maintain control of their old-fashioned town and a coven of killer witches plan to take everything from them.
REDLANDS #1 will remain available for purchase across all digital platforms, including the Image Comics website (imagecomics.com), the official Image Comics iOS app, Comixology’s website (comixology.com), iOS, Android, and Google Play.
REDLANDS #1, 2nd printing (Diamond Code JUN178874) and REDLANDS #2 (Diamond Code JUL170863) will be available on Wednesday, September 13th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, August 21st.
Select praise for REDLANDS:
“Bellaire’s writing blends folklore with a contemporary urgency and Del Rey’s art is beautifully, frighteningly immersive. A stunning debut.” —Scott Snyder
“Read this beautiful, compelling, epic work, join in the chorus of this scream, and you will see that in the worst of times, our greatest witches do come true.” —Tom King
“Nice f*cking job.” —Warren Ellis
“A chilling, vibrant, angry debut comic from some of the best creators working in comics today. These pages burn with brilliant art and perfectly rendered characters. Witches and Florida are the peanut butter and chocolate that have been missing from comics (and my life). If you’re looking for a horror book that will grab you from page one and won’t let go, if you’re looking for a comic oozing with topical, all-too-real nightmares, or if you’re just looking for a rippin’ yarn—pre-order Redlands at your local comic shop today.” —Robbie Thompson
“Incredibly empowering and perfectly timed for the current state of the Union.” —NYLON Magazine
“Image’s powerful series Redlands highlights the link between womanhood and witchcraft, showing the misogyny behind the mythology… In a disturbing, beautiful way, co-creators Jordie Bellaire and Vanesa Del Rey’s Redlands out today from Image revels in the idea that magic is born from unholy contracts between the devil and clever women.” —io9
“Horror fans need to pay attention to Redlands. Hell, everybody needs to pay attention to Redlands—it’s freaking fantastic any way you cut it… You don’t want to miss the darkness that is unfolding here. Trust us.” —Nerdist
“Dark and ominous.” —Geek.com
“Brilliantly paced with non-stop scares. Do yourself a favor and buy this book.” —Horror Talk
“Delivers equal amounts of adrenaline and moody atmosphere.” —Impulse Gamer
- Redlands #1 Review: The End Is The Beginning For Modern Horror Series
- Watch The First Trailer For 'Batman vs. Two-Face'
- When Quantum And Woody Crash The Previews Catalogue...
- Kim & Kim Artist Eva Cabrera Launches Betty & Veronica Vixens Series At Archie In November
- Image Comics Full Solicits For October 2017 - Slots, Maestros, Atomahawk, Family Trade, God Complex, Hack/Slash. Underwinter, Warframe And Golgotha
- Jordie Bellaire And Vanesa R. Del Rey's Redlands Joins A Colourful Lineup At Image Comics In August 2017
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017