Yesterday, a story told by Twilight star Robert Pattinson about being asked to masturbate a dog on the set of the film Good Time went viral. Today, Pattinson is doing his best to walk back his comments and put a leash on the story, saying that the request was a joke and no live dog masturbation was actually expected by anyone.
From our report yesterday:
“My character, Connie, has this affinity with dogs,” Pattinson explained. “He thinks he is a dog in a previous life and he thinks he has control over animals. There’s this one scene we shot — there’s a drug dealer who busts into the room, and I was sleeping with the dog and basically giving the dog a hand job.”
According to Pattinson, directors Ben and Josh Safdie encouraged him to pleasure the dog — “Just do it for real, man! Don’t be a p—-!” — something Pattinson says the trainer was okay with because the dog was “a breeder.”
But while Fido didn’t get a happy ending, the story has one, at least. Pattinson, having a ruff time with what he was asked to do, stuck firmly to his stance of not masturbating dogs regardless of circumstances, and the scene had to be altered digitally, the most ridiculous use of CGI since removing Henry Cavill’s mustache from the Justice League reshoots.
“I didn’t agree to do the real one,” Pattinson said. “So we made a fake red rocket.”
Pattinson’s refusal to masturbate a dog earned him high praise from tasty flatbread-themed animal rights organization PETA, which said in a statement to sandwich-themed Hollywood gossip rag The Wrap:
PETA depends on actors and crew members to come forward when they see mistreatment, whether it involves a dog who is being forced into churning water on the set of ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ or an A-list actor who is being asked to molest his canine co-star. Robert Pattinson is our kind of guy (and everyone’s who has a heart) for refusing to masturbate a dog — which is like child molestation — and for talking about it so that the public can see that once again animal trainers’ top priority is money and animals’ interests and well-being are often ignored. PETA is currently investigating whether the law was broken in this instance.
In response, Pattinson spoke to E! News, saying:
The story I told on Jimmy Kimmel last night seems to have spiraled out of control. What didn’t come across is that this was supposed to be a joke. No one at all expected or assumed that anything like that would happen on the Good Time set. We are all huge animal lovers and would obviously never do anything to harm an animal.
Good Time hits theaters on August 11.
- Robert Pattinson Refused To Perform Sex Act On Dog For Movie
- Trailer For The Robert Pattinson Crime Drama From A24 'Good Time'
- X-Men: Bland Design – Because U Demanded It, Hulkverine Gets an Ongoing in Weapon H #1 - March 24, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Mutant Plant Cancer Gone Wild in X-Men Gold #24 - March 24, 2018
- Kenny Omega Welcomes LGBT People to Wrestling Fandom, Says WWE Treats Gay Characters as Jokes - March 24, 2018
- Bray Wyatt Has Been Found; WWE Wrestler Was Missing Since Monday Night - March 24, 2018
- David Tennant Reacts to Fans Reacting to David Tennant in Bad Samaritan Trailer During Legion M Wondercon Panel - March 24, 2018