There were a lot of big announcements at the Marvel panel in Hall H this year, but one of the biggest was finally getting some information on Captain Marvel. We got some concept art, but the biggest reveal was that the movie is going to take place in the ’90s and the Skrulls are going to be the bad guys. Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn was one of the first people to let us know that the Skrulls exist in that same grey area as Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and The Watchers in that Marvel and Fox can both use them.
In a recent interview with IGN, they asked Gunn if he was excited to see the Skrulls make their MCU debut:
“I’m unbelievably stoked on that. The Skrulls are some of my favourite characters, I’ve had other times where I’ve wanted to use them and didn’t work out for one reason or another, and I can’t wait to see their implementation into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.”
When asked if there was anything specific from the ’90s he’d like to see show up in the movie, Gunn said, “kids wearing their jeans backwards would be nice.”
Captain Marvel is set to go into production early 2018, so we should get more information about the movie as we get closer to 2018.
Captain Marvel, directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, will star Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson. The film is set for release on March 8th, 2019.
- Chris Hemsworth Was “Weirdly Shaken” To Meet Chris Pratt For Avengers: Infinity War - August 16, 2017
- Justice League Will Have A “More Traditional” Batman - August 16, 2017
- Paul Bettany Says The Russos Made The Avengers: Infinity War Set “Stress Free” - August 16, 2017
- Daniel Craig Confirms He Is Doing James Bond 25 - August 15, 2017
- American Honey Star Sasha Lane Joins The Hellboy Reboot - August 15, 2017