In a sign of things to come, Bungie will be taking the Destiny servers offline in order to prepare for the arrival of Destiny 2. Don’t worry, they’re not killing the servers for long. In fact, they’re taking them down during one of the lowest points in the week for multiplayer matches. Starting on August 8th at 8 a.m. PDT, the servers will go down for at least four hours as they perform a maintenance update to prepare for the upcoming storm that will be Destiny 2 players.
Now, Bungie is also known to be quite detailed when it comes to these updates — because when they create something, they would like it to work the first time. (Insert comments below of angry Destiny players who have a bone to pick about something never working right.) So if it goes over four hours, don’t worry, that’s to be expected. You can read the finer details of the update from Bungie themselves here, but they don’t really get into specifics. Just take the time off to go relax and remember that the game is out in about five weeks, or that there will be something awesome planned for PAX West coming up in September just before launch.
- Bungie Claims Steam Sales For 'Destiny' Silver Were An "Error"
- There Will Be A Reward System For Clans In 'Destiny 2'
- 'Destiny 2' Will Not Offer Customization Of Imported Characters
- At Long Last, Destiny 2's PC Beta Details Are Here
- Destiny 2's Social Space Will Open Today For One Hour Only
- Destiny 2 Beta Players Have Found A Lost Section Of The Game
- Destiny 2 Will Receive A Limited Edition PS4 Pro Bundle
- Bungie Intends For Destiny 2 To Be A "Fresh Start For Everyone"
- Echo Fox Secures A Franchise Spot In The ‘League Of Legends’ Championship Series - November 20, 2017
- Microïds Release A New Nintendo Switch Trailer For ‘Gear.Club Unlimited’ - November 20, 2017
- Adventure Modes Featured In Latest ‘Seven Deadly Sins: Knights Of Britannia’ Trailer - November 20, 2017
- Fat Dog Games Release The First Scary Trailer For ‘Apparition’ - November 20, 2017
- Ubisoft Lays Out The Plans For Year Three Of ‘Rainbow Six Siege’ - November 20, 2017