The devs over at Chucklefish decided to post some updates for Stardew Valley, which included some fine tidbits about new content coming for multiplayer materials. For those of you who haven’t played it, the game is basically like Harvest Moon, only more laid back and not as focused on timed or long-term objectives. Yesterday, the devs put out info about adding multiplayer to the game and some of the exciting details that might include.
When the update comes along down the road, you’ll be able to add three cabins to your farmland so that three friends can join in on helping you as farmhands. With a few exceptions (just in case anyone gets any funny ideas) the farmhands will be able to do almost anything the owner can to help move the farm along. Keep in mind, this is not local co-op, you’ll need to find other players who own the game.
But that’s not all… you’ll soon be able to marry the NPC’s, which is something people have been requesting!
A lot of players have requested player-to-player marriage. It’s an idea we like a lot, and want to make available as a feature. Player-to-player marriage won’t use the mermaid pendant, but rather an alternative method that requires a similar amount of effort to wooing an NPC. We’re still working out what that will be.
The plan right now is to get a beta onto PC by the end of 2017, with a scheduled update for everything to come in early 2018 after they’ve finished writing all the code. Hopefully, all of these updates will be included in one package for the Nintendo Switch version, also slated for 2018.
- Nintendo Reveals Fitness Boxing for Nintendo Switch
- Stardew Valley on Nintendo Switch is Getting a Multiplayer Update
- Natsume Inc. Reveals New Additions to Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Special Edition
- Chucklefish Talk About Their Upcoming Project Spellbound
- Harvest Moon: Light of Hope's Special Edition Coming to Consoles in May
- Stardew Valley Will Be Getting Some New Additions Soon
- Stardew Valley's Next Switch Update Will Get Video Capture
- Stardew Valley To Get A Switch Update Improving Save Times
- 'Stardew Valley' Gets Approval For Nintendo Switch Release
- Nintendo Announces First Indie Games Coming To The Switch
- Stardew Valley Gets A Collector's Edition For Console
- A Little Late To The Game, But I'm Here: Thoughts On Stardew Valley
- The 25 Best Games Already Out This Year
- Stardew Valley Has Sold Over A Million Copies Already
- Treyarch Adds Updates to Black Ops 4, Including Blackout Player Count - October 17, 2018
- The Fallout 76 Beta is Now Officially Online for Download - October 17, 2018
- The Stanley Parable Now Unlocks a Specific Anniversary Achievement - October 17, 2018
- Xbox and Taco Bell Have Partnered Again to Give Away Platinum Consoles - October 17, 2018
- Battlefield V Single Player Trailer Released - October 17, 2018