Death Stranding is probably going to be the ever-lasting feather that Hideo Kojima lightly tickles us with until we snap. After seeing no news at E3 and hearing nothing about any upcoming appearances at Gameson, PAX West, or Tokyo Games Show, naturally, we just assumed that nothing would be coming out about the game until 2018. Then the creator himself decided to throw this small nugget of information out into the ether and everyone went insane.
Today I was able to see the good result of testing DS. I think I will have a good sleep tonight.
— HIDEO_KOJIMA (@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN) July 27, 2017
If Kojima is being truthful and not just messing with us to keep guessing about the time table, it means that Death Stranding is most likely past the initial planning and primary design phase, and now they’re working out the mechanics of the game to make sure what they intend to make happen actually works.
Keep in mind there’s absolutely nothing written here about the story, graphics, motion capture, and about a dozen other areas that would indicate the game is on the way and ready to be played. So while it is promising news that a Kojima game is actually being created this time, there’s no way to tell how far along they truly are.
- Mads Mikkelsen Reportedly Still Shooting Scenes For 'Death Stranding'
- Sony President/CEO Shawn Layden Has Played 'Death Stranding'
- Kojima Productions' Death Stranding Will Not Be At E3, Surprising No One
- Death Stranding "Is Not A Horror Game" - Will Feature Comedy
- Hideo Kojima Says Death Stranding Is Being Made For The PS4 And Not The PS5
- Guillermo Del Toro Is Not Involved In the Creative Development Of Death Stranding
- New Pokémon Job Listing Gives Hints to Nintendo Switch Game - March 16, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves Releases the Full List of Achievements - March 16, 2018
- Sonic Mania Plus Announced at SXSW with Physical Edition and New Characters - March 16, 2018
- Capcom Now Offering Character Editor Vouchers for Monster Hunter: World - March 16, 2018
- Nintendo Switch Sales Save Blossom Tales’ Devs from Shutting Down - March 16, 2018