Brian Walton, previously editor-in-chief of Nerdist, has been appointed Wizard World’s new Director Of Content. He was also previously VP of Editorial Operations at Legendary Digital Networks.
“From our social content to our conventions, we want our live and digital platforms to inform and entertain the fans. We will soon become the authoritative voice of fandom, and a daily presence engaging and interacting with the fans of all facets of pop culture,” said John D. Maatta, Wizard World CEO & President. “We are thrilled that Brian has joined us to launch some exciting new initiatives. Brian’s experience building brands and digital infrastructure will translate into the amazing avenues which Wizard World will soon explore.”
“I am very excited to join the Wizard World team,” said Walton. “I have been a fan of the content the company has created since childhood. My first conventions were Wizard World productions and I can’t wait to dive into the opportunities that are inherent in this brand’s legacy. Luckily, nothing ever really stays dead in comics.”
Wizard World, who run many comic convention-style events across the USA every year have been recently rumoured to be bringing back their magazine Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics. They have also recently let go Randall Malinoff as CCO.
- Comic Store In Your Future – Be Thankful For My Little Pony - November 23, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Another 200 Graphic Novels And TPBs Liquidated By DC Comics To Retailers – G To W - November 23, 2017