Brian Walton, previously editor-in-chief of Nerdist, has been appointed Wizard World’s new Director Of Content. He was also previously VP of Editorial Operations at Legendary Digital Networks.
“From our social content to our conventions, we want our live and digital platforms to inform and entertain the fans. We will soon become the authoritative voice of fandom, and a daily presence engaging and interacting with the fans of all facets of pop culture,” said John D. Maatta, Wizard World CEO & President. “We are thrilled that Brian has joined us to launch some exciting new initiatives. Brian’s experience building brands and digital infrastructure will translate into the amazing avenues which Wizard World will soon explore.”
“I am very excited to join the Wizard World team,” said Walton. “I have been a fan of the content the company has created since childhood. My first conventions were Wizard World productions and I can’t wait to dive into the opportunities that are inherent in this brand’s legacy. Luckily, nothing ever really stays dead in comics.”
Wizard World, who run many comic convention-style events across the USA every year have been recently rumoured to be bringing back their magazine Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics. They have also recently let go Randall Malinoff as CCO.
- J. Scott Campbell Art for Upcoming X-Men Black Magneto Comic to Be Announced at San Diego - July 16, 2018
- Hellboy Celebrates 25 Years of San Diego Comic-Cons - July 16, 2018
- Valiant Fans Express Financial Worries Over Chinese Owners DMG Entertainment - July 16, 2018
- Duncan Jones’s Comic Book Movie Confirmed: Rogue Trooper of 2000AD - July 16, 2018
- Amazon Prime Day Hits the UK – Here Are Some Deals to Keep Your Eye On - July 16, 2018