Brian Walton, previously editor-in-chief of Nerdist, has been appointed Wizard World’s new Director Of Content. He was also previously VP of Editorial Operations at Legendary Digital Networks.
“From our social content to our conventions, we want our live and digital platforms to inform and entertain the fans. We will soon become the authoritative voice of fandom, and a daily presence engaging and interacting with the fans of all facets of pop culture,” said John D. Maatta, Wizard World CEO & President. “We are thrilled that Brian has joined us to launch some exciting new initiatives. Brian’s experience building brands and digital infrastructure will translate into the amazing avenues which Wizard World will soon explore.”
“I am very excited to join the Wizard World team,” said Walton. “I have been a fan of the content the company has created since childhood. My first conventions were Wizard World productions and I can’t wait to dive into the opportunities that are inherent in this brand’s legacy. Luckily, nothing ever really stays dead in comics.”
Wizard World, who run many comic convention-style events across the USA every year have been recently rumoured to be bringing back their magazine Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics. They have also recently let go Randall Malinoff as CCO.
- The Daily LITG, 22nd October 2018 – Happy Birthday Steven Grant - October 22, 2018
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who – Rosa - October 21, 2018
- Rosa – The First Doctor Who to Make Me Cry Since Father’s Day - October 21, 2018
- Trailer for Next Week’s Doctor Who: Arachnids In The UK - October 21, 2018
- Rick & Morty Exclusives From MCM London Comic Con - October 21, 2018