Brian Walton, previously editor-in-chief of Nerdist, has been appointed Wizard World’s new Director Of Content. He was also previously VP of Editorial Operations at Legendary Digital Networks.
“From our social content to our conventions, we want our live and digital platforms to inform and entertain the fans. We will soon become the authoritative voice of fandom, and a daily presence engaging and interacting with the fans of all facets of pop culture,” said John D. Maatta, Wizard World CEO & President. “We are thrilled that Brian has joined us to launch some exciting new initiatives. Brian’s experience building brands and digital infrastructure will translate into the amazing avenues which Wizard World will soon explore.”
“I am very excited to join the Wizard World team,” said Walton. “I have been a fan of the content the company has created since childhood. My first conventions were Wizard World productions and I can’t wait to dive into the opportunities that are inherent in this brand’s legacy. Luckily, nothing ever really stays dead in comics.”
Wizard World, who run many comic convention-style events across the USA every year have been recently rumoured to be bringing back their magazine Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics. They have also recently let go Randall Malinoff as CCO.
- Action Comics #1000 Exclusive Covers From Dan Jurgens, Curt Swan, Francesco Mattina and Tyler Kirkham - March 20, 2018
- Titans and Teen Titans End – What’s Next? - March 20, 2018
- A Sneak Peek at Brian Michael Bendis’s Script for Action Comics #1000 - March 20, 2018
- Chuck Dixon’s Batman Knightfall Recut Continues for 25th Anniversary - March 20, 2018
- The Actual Marvel Comics Solicits for June 2018 - March 20, 2018