This DC Artist Masterclass video was filmed during San Diego Comic-Con and features some of DC’s top artists: Amanda Conner, Tony Daniel, Jim Lee, John Romita Jr., Greg Capullo and Andy Kubert. The group talks about breaking into comics while four of them draw.
The really interesting thing is that they filmed this in 360 degrees, so you can spin around the room and follow whoever you want regardless of who’s talking. And since there are a bunch of backgrounds up, I get the feeling that this won’t be the only 360 video we’ll be getting from DC.
This is how they described the video:
“If you’re interested in drawing comics, it always helps to hear from people who are already doing it…and it’s hard to think of anyone doing it better than Jim Lee, Greg Capullo, John Romita, Jr., Amanda Conner, Andy Kubert and Tony S. Daniel. In this exclusive Comic-Con clip, we hear from a literal roundtable of the best comic book artists in the business, who offer their thoughts on the industry while whipping up some early morning sketches. It’s an absolute must watch for any comic fan or hopeful professional, and best of all, it’s in 360 degrees.”
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 New York Giants - February 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Stephen Amell Rocking it Old School - February 25, 2018
- Meet Jim Lee, this Afternoon, in Front of Vons… Selling Girl Scout Cookies - February 25, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Has Jefferson Learned About Anissa’s Powers? - February 25, 2018
- Darkseid vs Doomsday in Newest DC Versus - February 25, 2018