San Diego Comic-Con is arguably the world’s most famous convention. Vendors from all over come in to set up and sell their wares to the nerdy masses. One such shop, The Oblong Box Shop, opened a Pinup Pop-Up Shop just outside the convention center. The Oblong Box Shop’s owner — Denialle Von Fitch — had her one-of-a-kind designs for sale, along with items from Spiffing, Misfit Menagerie, and Match Accessories. It was a pinup girl’s dream come true, and I could have easily spent an ungodly amount of money — but I settled for an awesome pair of Halloween leggings.
Von Fitch has been designing for years — from web design to the clothing you see. She draws from personal inspiration, and each item is clearly made with love. Her skirts, for example, are printed individually. As a cosplayer, I draw a lot of inspiration from pinups, and enjoy making pinup versions of my favorite characters (such as Sailor Venus, etc.). You can see examples of a pinup Wonder Woman and Leia in the pics above.
With shops like this, I can easily find a solid print top or even a pair of pants to make an outfit. The clothing is also very comfortable. The leggings I got didn’t bunch up once, and they offer a generous stretch in the fabric. While there is no physical store, Von Fitch does set up at events such as Viva Las Vegas and Tiki Oasis.
And yes, the geeky donuts were good.
- Nerd Home: Sailor Moon Wax Melts From Starlit Creations! - October 20, 2017
- Nerd Food: Is Pillsbury’s Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix Any Good? - October 20, 2017
- Lauren Looks Back: Sounds Of Terror! For Halloween - October 20, 2017
- Craft Beer And More At BaseLine Tap House Inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios - October 20, 2017
- Disney’s California Adventure Is Celebrating Families With Coco - October 19, 2017