With the recent resigning of White House press secretary Sean Spicer, there is now a vacancy at the mobile podium over at Saturday Night Live. We already know that Alec Baldwin will be returning to play Donald Trump some more in the upcoming season… and they’ve gone for some big names recently with Melissa McCarthy playing Spicey and Larry David playing Bernie Sanders, it only makes sense that they go big with the casting of who ever is going to play the charming, smooth and NSFW new communication director Anthony Scaramucci.
Comedy Central’s The President Show got in on it pretty quickly, tapping Mario Cantone as their version of The Mooch.
And where Cantone wasn’t bad, I think SNL could go a little bigger. So here are three idea of who the late night skit comedy series could get.
If you go based on his mannerisms and style, they might want to consider Steven Van Zandt from the Sopranos and Lilyhammer. And maybe he can talk his friend Bruce Springsteen to come be the musical guest.
Now if you go based on his language in the jaw dropping New Yorker story by Ryan Lizza, then the choice is obvious… Andrew Dice Clay.
But for me, the best choice… the one that has the right look, has the ability to pull off the humor and is on the comedy level of Baldwin, David and McCarthy… Ben Stiller.
If you re-watch his introductory press conference, most of the time he’s up there Scaramucci is just showing “Blue Steel”.
- Dynamite Offering Entire ‘The Boys’ Trade Collection Signed by Garth Ennis - May 25, 2018
- Charlaine Harris and Christopher Golden’s ‘Cemetery Girl’ Moves to Dynamite - May 25, 2018
- A Look Inside Project Superpowers #1 by Rob Williams and Sergio Davila - May 25, 2018
- Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, and More in The Art of Halfbrick - May 25, 2018
- Robots Vs. Princesses Finds a Home at Dynamite - May 25, 2018