Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Monolith Productions released a new trailer today for Middle-earth: Shadow of War featuring Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick, Silicon Valley), who portrays The Agonizer. This spirited yet deadly Orc enemy is just one of the numerous personalities players may encounter through the Nemesis System in the upcoming open-world action video game.
First revealed at San Diego Comic-Con, the video provides a first look at Nanjiani’s Orc character delivering a variety of sometimes humorous, sometimes cringe-worthy one-liners that players will come across throughout their game experience. Those one-liners are generally how you interact with your various nemeses, which should make this familiar territory for anyone who played Shadow of Mordor. Players are also treated to a behind-the-scenes glimpse of Nanjiani’s voice recording session, where he provides additional insight on his preparation for the role, and we get to see him in silly motion capture head gear.
Set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth: Shadow of War is an open-world action RPG that continues the original narrative of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. The sequel will include a richer, more personal and expansive world full of epic heroes and villains, iconic locations, original enemy types, more personalities, and a new cast of characters with untold stories, all brought to life with the award-winning Nemesis System the first game made famous.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War will be available for Xbox One, Windows 10 PC through the Windows Store and Steam, and PlayStation 4 beginning on October 10th. Take a look at Nanjiani as The Agonizer below.
- Konami Confirms That Metal Gear Survive Will Include Micro-transactions - January 20, 2018
- Review: There’s a Good Game in Blade & Soul… Somewhere - January 20, 2018
- Seven: The Days Long Gone: Fantastic, if a Bit Too Unconventional - January 20, 2018
- Warframe Review: Better Than Ever, but Still a Major Grind - January 20, 2018
- Endless Day Starts Strong this Year with Endless Space 2’s Vaulters Expansion - January 20, 2018